Complaint Review: IP&R Inventors Publishing And Research, LLC

• Submitted: Tue, November 06, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, November 06, 2007

• Reported By:Charlotte North Carolina
IP&R Inventors Publishing And Research, LLC
60 Spear Street San Francisco, California U.S.A.

IP&R IP&R Inventors Publishing And Research, LLC IP&R, San Francisco, took me for over $13,000. Didn't respond to BBB or my lawyer! San Francisco California

The salepeople at IP&R are smoothe and professional. Then when they have your money, they turn you over to pure amateurs. I had 3 "managers" in three months. One had me send my patent information to her e-mail address at "total junk.com." That was a sign of things to come.

I signed a contract with IP$R in January 2007 and by May I still had not received the product development services--not one of them--as outlined in Schedule I that I was supposed to receive within 60 days.

In May 2007, I received what the company calls a brouchure. (It's really just a one-page flyer.) An eighth grader could produce a better product than the one I received from IP&R. It had misspelled words and so many grammatical errors that some of the sentences made no sense. It was pitiful. Nobody, and I mean no-body, would send that flyer out as a marketing piece.

By this time, I'd made numerous complaints to numerous people in the company,to no avail. In July, I filed a complaint with the Oakland Better Business Bureau. When IP&R had not responded to the BBB within the 30 days they were given, I contacted a lawyer. IP&R didn't respond to my lawyer's letter either! The BBB will keep IP&R on file as an unanswered complaint for three years, but that doesn't help me.

Isn't there a lawyer in San Francisco who will take them to Small Claims Court for a portion of the refund any judge would have to order after he/she sees the documentation I have to verify this rip-off. Sure wish I'd known about the other reports of people getting ripped off by this company before I signed with them.

I appreciate this site for letting me tell my story. Maybe it will help someone with a dream, as I was this time last year, be more cautious about whom they trust and how they spend their hard-earned money.

Charlotte, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/06/2007 05:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/IPR-Inventors-Publishing-And-Research-LLC/San-Francisco-California-94105/IPR-IPR-Inventors-Publishing-And-Research-LLC-IPR-San-Francisco-took-me-for-over-13-283378. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on IP&R Inventors Publishing And Research, LLC