Complaint Review: IRS

IRS
Internet USA

IRS Injured Spouse Form Internet

*Consumer Comment: Try this

My husband and I filed our taxes on Febuary 6, 2013.   I had to file an injured spouse form due to my husband having a bill garniish his portion of our taxes. Since we e-filed, I waited 11 weeks and then called due to not hearing anything about our taxes.  I was told it was too early since they did not recieve our taxes until Febuary 19, 2013; but I have confirmation that it was accepted on the 6th.  I was told I would just have to wait, after being told I did not file in 2007 and that was hindering our refund.

Well once I informed them I had filed in 2007 and they found that one.  Then I was told I would have to wait. So after a few weeks I call back and am told they did not receive my return until Febuary 21, 2013 and we would have to file a referral  and I would have to wait another 30 days on my return.  I have gotten no explanation about what the problem is or anything.. Just wait.  Well I called back again today and apparently I am 5 days too early and I have been informed I will have a letter in the mail or my refund by the end of 30 days which is June 13, 2013.

Well I am completely frustrated.  They have had my refund for over 120 days and can not give me a reason as to why my return is not processed.  What options do I have if they do not have our return processed by the end of next week? This is completely insane. . If I owed them I would have already been summoned to court!!!!  What about when they do not do there job?   How can I make them be accountable for doing there job?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/07/2013 03:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/IRS/internet/IRS-Injured-Spouse-Form-Internet-1057342. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on IRS

Try this

AUTHOR: Stacey - ()

Contact a CPA or Tax Attorney for help with your situation.