Complaint Review: ISSC Management, Inc

• Updated: Thu, July 03, 2014

• Reported By: elz — Charlotte North Carolina
ISSC Management, Inc
120 lakeside avenue seattle, Washington USA

ISSC Management, Inc IADC, Mindy Foren, Williams Hawks -sent bad check for item on craigslist; asked to send money back western union bc assistant made check out for amount greater than asking price by mistake- seattle Washington

*Consumer Comment: Scam has been around for years..

I listed an item on craigslist. A user sent check via fedex from a company, legitimate it seemed, and it was a printed check. Not hand-written. He then asked that I go to Western Union to send cash back immeidately, fearful I would steal his money. He claimed his assistant wrote the check for incorrect amount. I deposited check into my bank, because I did not believe him and he texted/emailed daily awaiting a response that check had cleared.

When the check seemed to clear I withdrew the amount and nearly sent it western union. I checked my account again (the bank teller said it seemed to have cleared- Wrong!) and found that the bank had charged for me "return item chargeback." The check was fraud.

I asked the person, who calls himself Williams Hawks via email, to send an address where I can "overnight" a personal check to him instead. He would not respond, but in a business-like manner insisted I drop it off via Western Union.

He texted me many times until I would respond. I did not send the money. Be careful!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/02/2014 03:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ISSC-Management-Inc/seattle-Washington-08122/ISSC-Management-Inc-IADC-Mindy-Foren-Williams-Hawks-sent-bad-check-for-item-on-craigs-1159154. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ISSC Management, Inc

Scam has been around for years..

AUTHOR: Giselle - ()

.... for some reason, people keep falling for it... this despite the fact there are thousands of stories like this all over the net..Heck, you could spend hours of your life just reading about it here.  Scammers use legit company names to try to gain trust. The checks are easily made with a printer and computer, no mystery there, scammers do this all the time.  If someone pays for an item you are selling via check, they need to wait till the check clears, NO exceptions. Any of this BS about immediately wiring money back to them, I would have said NO WAY and that I would drop the check back in the mail. This would have caused them to panic as they needed it wired to avoid it being traced and also because again, they are using a legit company's name and address.