Complaint Review: I.T. DATA DIRECT

• Updated: Thu, April 30, 2009

• Reported By:St. Catharines Ontario
I.T. DATA DIRECT
6875 DECARIE MONTREAL, Quebec Canada

I.T. DATA DIRECT, INFOGROUP DIRECT, MEGABYTEINFO.COM, IT&T SWITZERLAND ripoff scam internet listing crap money credit cards catalogue internet scam quebec MONTREAL, MONT-ROYAL Quebec Canada

*Consumer Suggestion: ITData just tried to scam us.

*Consumer Comment: Annoyed

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: DELSHA GROUP INFOGROUP DIRECT aka INFOGROUP DATA INC. Business Directory and Internet Listing SCAM

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Delsha Group, Infogroupdirect,Infogroup Data Inc. - Business Directory, Internet Listing SCAM

We were scammed into paying an invoice for IT data direct, now they won't stop sending scam invoices from several of their other scam companies. I.T. data direct, megabyteinfo.com, infogroup direct, IT&T switzerland.
They seem to think it is legit, they employ people who don't know what they are doing. They don't relize it is a scam. Our company has no signed contract with these companies, yet they send us invoices, and threatening statements saying we are overdue.

I hope this helps other companies. That is why I have posted this.

Have Fun, and keep your stick on the ice.

Murray
St. Catharines, Ontario
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/02/2005 09:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/IT-DATA-DIRECT/MONTREAL-Quebec-H3W-3E4/IT-DATA-DIRECT-INFOGROUP-DIRECT-MEGABYTEINFOCOM-ITT-SWITZERLAND-ripoff-scam-interne-133405. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on I.T. DATA DIRECT

#1 Consumer Suggestion

ITData just tried to scam us.

AUTHOR: Mrs. B - (Canada)

They are still running this scam. We got a call from them yesterday and we had much the same experience as the Water Guy had. The guy called me just about every insulting word he could during his tantrum.

Luckily, or unfortunately, for us we've been hit up twice before using the exact same type of Fake Invoice Scam. After falling for the first scam we became well educated on this type of fraud. The second scammers were very organized but with a little checking we saw right through their scam. ITData is by far the worst scammers since they can't even provide the fake paperwork for the scam.

It really makes me wonder if all these fake directory companies aren't just branches of the same scam business. And why is it that all 3 companies that have tried to scam us are located in Montreal? I'd like to say that all these incredibly negative experiences are not leaving a very good impression of Montreal.

Seriously though we don't trust anybody who calls us now. Our policy is don't call us we'll call you. Hang up on these scammers!!!!

Annoyed

AUTHOR: Water Guy - (Canada)

I have been called to pay for an over due invoice in their directory. When I asked "Cameron" for a copy of the invoice, an account statement (because apparently we were past due), and the copy of the contract, he became upset and so did I. After an exchange of words and being threatened to be put into the credit bureau I thanked him for his time and apologised that I couldn't help him with his situation.

All I wanted was legit paper work to pass through accounts to verify his claims yet he couldn't get that accomplished.

Very annoying, I just hang up now.

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Former Employee - (Canada)

DELSHA GROUP INFOGROUP DIRECT aka INFOGROUP DATA INC. Business Directory and Internet Listing SCAM is Still in Business in 2006 Scamming Canadian and American Businesses.

Got a Directory?

Got a Internet Listing?

Got a Invoice?

Throw them in the Garbage.

Hang up when they call, it's a SCAM.

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Former Employee - (Canada)

DELSHA GROUP aka Infogroupdirect (http://www.infogroupdirect.com/) aka INFOGROUP DATA INC.(http://www.infogroupdata.com/) is another Deceptive Telemarketing SCAM.

They offer a worthless internet listing at www.infogroupdirect.com for six months at $260.00, then renew you every six months. The older INFOGROUP DATA INC. (http://www.infogroupdata.com/) is still in the Business Directory Scam selling The Official Western Business Directory and US Business Resource Directory. Don't Pay the invoices. Alert your Attorney General, the Federal Trade Commission and the Better Business Bureau.

Their hiding address is in Montreal is:

DELSHA GROUP aka Infogroupdirect aka INFOGROUP DATA INC.
416 de Masionneuve W, suite #312,(Discount Business written in the lobby, Delsha Group written in the office )
Montreal, Quebec H3A 1L2

Tel: 281-1811

1-888-326-1260

1-800-281-1811

Fax 514 281-1620.

The general manager is Darren Johnston. (darrenj@istar.ca)

DON'T PAY THE INVOICE, THE WEBSITE IS WORTHLESS. YOU ARE ALREADY LISTED ONLINE WITH YOUR YELLOW PAGES, YELLOW BOOK ETC. THE DIRECTORIES ARE WORTHLESS, THROUGH THEM OUT AND DON'T PAY.

DELSHA GROUP aka infogroupdirect
21 Lawrence Paquette Ind. Dr.
Suite 100
Champlain, NY, USA
12919
Telephone: (800) 496-2102
Facsimile: (800) 496-2103
service@infogroupdirect.com
Contact Name: Mr.Darren Johnston (darrenj@istar.ca)

INFOGROUP DATA INC.

100 Walnut St.
Door 4
CHAMPLAIN, New York 12919
United States
Contact Name: Mr.Darren Johnston (darrenj@istar.ca)