Complaint Review: IT-Data Direct

• Updated: Wed, June 23, 2004

• Reported By:Toronto Ontario
IT-Data Direct
www.itdatadirect.net Internet U.S.A.

IT-Data Direct mailing of books not ordered-fraudulent attempt to collect money New York Internet

Telephone call (Thurs, June 17/04)from "Beverley" of IT Data, advising Volume 2 of North American Gold Book is being shipped. According to their records, Volume 1 of 4 was sent to us in April, 2002. Four Volumes, one sent every two years.

I told Beverley that we did not order, subscribe, require or have any interest in the North American Gold Book. I told her not to ship the book. She insisted we placed the order and could not cancel because the expiry date to cancel had passed. I told her I did not receive any correspondence offering a choice for cancellation. I told her that I would check our library and payables back to the year 2002 for a previous payment for this N. American Gold Book. Beverley said she would call back on Mon. June 21/04. She did not. I alerted the receptionist and staff to this scam.

Had I not been here to take the call (I've worked for this law firm for 18 years), this shipment would be on it's way!

Judy
Toronto, Ontario
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/23/2004 04:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/IT-Data-Direct/internet/IT-Data-Direct-mailing-of-books-not-ordered-fraudulent-attempt-to-collect-money-New-York-I-96034. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on IT-Data Direct