Complaint Review: IT University Online

• Updated: Tue, February 25, 2014

• Reported By: Vick Wilson — El Paso Texas
IT University Online
1330 Avenue of the Americas Suite 23A, NYC 10019 New York, New York USA

IT University Online Groupon was a waste of time and money. Garbage, failed two exams New York New York

*General Comment: You may want to re-check

$99 for a Comp Tia Bundle.. I thought these people were done scorching the IT Industry and  I saw another groupon hit today. This program is a complete waste of time and a complete farce.

I purchased the bundle last year with the hope of trying to get back on my feet. I literally spent my last hundred dollars for training, had no books, received only shoddy videos, and no lab work. I was told by a Jessie Beavers that I would be okay and could pass the exam. Not Only did I borrow money from my mother, who has now passed on, to take the tests, Thanks to the ITU program, I didn't even crack a 50 on the test.

I did a little research, and even found out that ITU is not based in the US. They are based in the Netherlands, and have virtual offices set up. The training is in no way recognized by Comp Tia, and I am writing this based on the fact that many people purchase this and waste $100. I would have been better off buying the books because this was absolutely poor. The training covered material not on the test, and whomever wrote these exams should have their head examined because it is clear that they are skipping out on paying somebody royalties.

Just trying to save at least one person from doing this program. It is a violation of dignity to even offer this, and programs like these are the reason that I won't trust online training ever again. If I purchase online training in the future, it will be backed up by a company with a live school so at least I know that I can get help if I need it. Funny thing is, they offer a money back guarantee... Wow, so I buy the training for $99 and spend $900 for the certifications, but if I fail I get my hundred dollars back...

My next move is to contact my state attourney generals office and let them know that the greatest grifters of all time are back in business.  I would contact groupon, but lets face it: Groupon gets 50% of whatever they parter on (My father worked at a spa that did a groupon promotion a while back so I know this), and if thousands of people are pumping in $99, then why would they care. They have no liability, and no need to discontinue production, unless somebody gets involved.

Terrible, terrible, terrible...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2014 01:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/IT-University-Online/New-York-New-York-10019/IT-University-Online-Groupon-was-a-waste-of-time-and-money-Garbage-failed-two-exams-New-1126434. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on IT University Online

#1 General Comment

You may want to re-check

AUTHOR: John Doe - ()

You actually may want to re-check your findings. There is 2 different IT University's. One is based in the Netherlands, and the other has locations throughout the US. 2 different companies however. I actually used the same Groupon, and realized it was the best training I have ever used in an online format. Some solutions work for some, and some don't.