Complaint Review: ITFdetectives

• Reported By: Eliraz — Haifa Other Israel
ITFdetectives
Hythe, Kent, Select State/Province United States of America

ITFdetectives ITF detectives Private Investigation Rip-Off Hythe, Kent, Other

*Author of original report: i talked with the company and it's all okay now

*UPDATE Employee: Client who just does not understand

I paid ITF Detectives company in UK over 2000 US dollars by bank transfer.

They was supposed to give me a list of names (typical name I told them and Similar names to that name) From The Flanders, Belgium with parents names, occupation, Birth place, phone numbers, address etc..

Today, after about 6 months they sent me only some of the names with only parents name and some birth place.
They always say things like "I will send it to you within 48 hours", "I will be back at the office tomorrow and send it to you" etc.. over and over again..

I have 3 diffrents Emails of them, two of them completely ignore me and the third now almost two weeks doesn't answer me..

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/27/2012 11:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ITFdetectives/Hythe-Kent-Select-StateProvince-/ITFdetectives-ITF-detectives-Private-Investigation-Rip-Off-Hythe-Kent-Other-859995. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ITFdetectives

i talked with the company and it's all okay now

AUTHOR: plt - (Ireland)

it was just lack of understanding and language problems.  it's all okay now and i retract from this report.

Client who just does not understand

AUTHOR: Operations Director - (United Kingdom)

As the Operations Director responsible for this case I must state that it is a shame that the client has filed a totally misleading report about our company. Obviously for confidentiality reasons we can not go into too many details but the summary of what occured is below.

We were contacted by the client who had a first name only and approximate year of birth of a subject in Belgium and requested we search for her. The client also was not sure of the spelling of the first name. We requested legal reasons for the search which the client was not too forth coming about but eventually gave a reasonable reason for the required search. It was pointed out to the client that Belgium is made up of many independant area's all keeping their own Births Deaths and Marriage registers. It was the clients wishes to search two area's first.

You can imagine the amount of work needed to search for a first name only and approximate year of birth. We eventually came up with some details, parents addresses as per the register as they were 20-25 yrs ago. The client then wanted where she was now and unfortunately due to the time spans tracing was very difficult. We came up with one good possibility with a facebook connection. We asked the client for permission to state he was looking for her (Required) he failed to respond. This matter has been going on for over 6 months we have spent far more than the fee and I have personally sent over 60 emails to the client on updates etc but for whatever reason due to language difficulties or whatever all the client does is repeat himself time after time, become abusive calling us fraudsters, liers etc. To give you one example of how difficult the man is he now states that we should check all Government databases as if she has moved to another country they would have a record of it!! I pointed out that Europe has free movement across Borders for it's citizens so there would be no record!! That is just one example of the hundreds we have of this clients total lack of understanding about his request, how it is done and what is achievable and what is not.

As stated we have spent well in excess of the fee in an attempt to help this man who by the way refuses to give his Full name and address to us. I have requested that his lawyers contact us directly (as he says he has one) so that we can try to sort this out.

As a company we have many many reviews of our work all positive and we have tried our best with this client but sometimes you just have to say enough is enough and move on.

Operations Director