Bobbie
  • Report: #711930

Complaint Review: ITP (International Telephone Provider)

• Submitted: Wed, March 30, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, March 31, 2011

• Reported By: Dr.Guy — Beaconsfield Quebec Canada
ITP (International Telephone Provider)

*Author of original report: ITP ,International Telephone Provider, ITP-Canada Unreasonable Charge for No Service , Internet

Feb.1:Join ITP Voip,number to be Ported from Vonage; C$53.38 sign up charge;C$28.96/month;first month free. All advertised prices were in US$, but not made obvious.Disadvantaged exchange rate used.

March 3:Monthly charge of C$28.96 paid:Enquiry about Porting; told all the correct Emails had been sent to Vonage. I explained that I was obliged to continue with Vonage until the number was ported. I was told that I could use the ITP number assigned but initiate a Transfer of call with Vonage. I explained that I would still be obliged to continue with Vonage. I was told that my first month was free with ITP. I explained how it was that the first month free was meant to save me money, not to pay another provider.

March 3 to March 24th. Continued enquiries as to porting. It was repeatedly explained that ITP had to wait for Vonage. I contacted Vonage porting Department and was told that they ported immediatly on request. I was given the another month free in compensation for the delay in porting.

March 24th. Requested to speak with a Manager. I related my conversation with Vonage; I was told that all the correct Emails had been sent. I said that regardless of ITP's correct procedures, there clearly was an impasse; I then requested that a human from ITP phone a human at Vonage and possibly arrange a Portage. The explanation that ITP had followed correct procedures was again repeated.

March 24th. Cancelled service with ITP and was immediatly charged C$100.72 which could be returned if I returned the Free Telephone Modem supplied on joining, in good condition, within 15days. I asked if the charged month C$28.96 could be returned since ITP had acknowledged I had received no service; I was told that the additional free month granted was for April not March thus the March payment could not be returned.

Total service received from ITP, NOTHING.

Cost to me : C$53.38 +C$28.96+ C$16.00(Return Postage) + C$100.72(At the pleasure of ITP)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/30/2011 11:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ITP-International-Telephone-Provider/internet/ITP-International-Telephone-Provider-ITP-Canada-Unreasonable-Charge-for-No-Service-Int-711930. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ITP (International Telephone Provider)

AUTHOR: Dr.Guy - (Canada)

With respect  to my original Report relating the costs of Not Having Any Service Upon Joining ITP, I now report additional costs to the user Not Referred to on the Web Advertisement. efe 1. The monthly fee for my requested service is advertised at $24.99. Despite not yet having service, my account was billed US$28.97 at commencement of the second month.

This monthly billing includes two additional charges, each of US$1.99 not referred to in the advertised service.

2. If I had waited until my telephone number was Ported from Vonage to ITP, being a Canadian customer I would have been charged a fee of US$50.00. US customers are not charged this fee.

Additional charges not advertised: US$3.98/month Canadian(only) Customer Porting of Number: US$50.00

Overall I have two pieces of advice to give US customers and particularly Canadian,

a) Buyer Beware.           b) Check out Vonage, I mistakenly transferred but transferred back.