Complaint Review: ITP - Internet Telephone Provider

• Updated: Thu, April 18, 2013

• Reported By: Anonymous7 — Redmond Washington
ITP - Internet Telephone Provider

ITP - Internet Telephone Provider Deceptive billing practices - ripoff Internet

I had a normal account at ITP (monthly was around $25). One day, I made several calls in succession for a project I was working on. Without my knowing, and without notification, ITP switched me over to paid calls, but never notified me of this.

Since I was on automatic billing, I did not notice it for more than 2 months. When I called, they told me they thought I was running a business, and that the monthly charges @ $78, $67 and $36 would stand. They reimbursed me one month's charges (at the old rate) and told me I could no longer use the personal rate, but made me pay the rest of the charge. I bumped up my service to the next level, but immediately started the process to switch vendors.

The new vendor followed the process of getting my number switched. The new vendor told me ITP would immediately stop my old account, as that was the way things were done in the VOIP business. Now ITP is after me for service I did not consume. Luckily I've moved, and the address they are using to access my account is not working for them.

But these deceptive billing practices don't work - they hurt a company's reputation, no matter how many made up reviews they pay to have posted. Warning - DON'T deal with ITP!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/18/2013 10:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ITP-Internet-Telephone-Provider/internet/ITP-Internet-Telephone-Provider-Deceptive-billing-practices-ripoff-Internet-1044285. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ITP - Internet Telephone Provider