Complaint Review: ITT Technical Institute

• Submitted: Sun, August 19, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, January 11, 2008

• Reported By:Greenfield Center New York
ITT Technical Institute
13 Airline Drive Albany, New York U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

ITT Technical Institute Outright lied Albany New York

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Contact info for you

*Consumer Comment: Itt technical institute

When I went into the financial aid office with my son, I was told pointblank that the payments would be low ( quoted amount of approx. $250/mo.) and the interest rate would be 2% - 3%. When actually my son is paying 13% and his payments are around $500/mo. I told the financial aide officer when I first went in that I did not want to co-sign. That I wanted my son to be able to take out this loan in his name. I was told I had to co-sign. I also let her know that I myself would not be financially able to make this payment even the one quoted. Now we are in a situation where my son is having difficuly making this outrageous payment and I am receiving letters from Sallie Mae threatening me with the Credit Bureau.

Also, many many phone calls. This is ridiculous. Hearing other people having the same or similar problems tends to make me a little more irritated. Knowing this is their standard practice to lie to the students and families. What can we do?

Mom
Greenfield Center, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2007 04:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ITT-Technical-Institute/Albany-New-York-12215/ITT-Technical-Institute-Outright-lied-Albany-New-York-1033518. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ITT Technical Institute

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Contact info for you

AUTHOR: Currentitthater - (U.S.A.)

Hello, I was recently contacted by someone investigating ITT. I'll give her your contact info, she'd love to hear from you, or I can give you hers either way.

Itt technical institute

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

OKAY!

First off listen up.

The contract is bogus all right.

You signed the contract so go to the Attorney Generals office and let them know that your money is a waste of time.

Not much else I can say.

I applied to this school in the Phila area about 5.5 years ago. Its a joke. Simple as that.

SOmeone else mentioned that the employer wouldn't hire them.

Don't sign the contract. that is your fate.