Complaint Review: ITT Technical Institute

• Submitted: Thu, December 04, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, December 04, 2008

• Reported By:Toledo Ohio
ITT Technical Institute
1656 Henthorne Blvd. Suite B Maumee, Ohio U.S.A.
  • Phone: 419-861-6500
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

ITT Technical Institute Financial Aid Maumee Ohio

I recently enrolled at ITT Tech in the 2 year criminal justice program. While appying for financial aid they had me fill out a paper that states if I receive any overaward that it would be held by the school to help me budget, however I was free at any time to cancel or modify this contract.

After careful consideration of my finances and knowing I have two children in my care with a part-time job I decided it may be best to receive any monies that I may be eligiable for while receiveing my education. When I went back to the financial aid office they told me that I would be unable to make these changes.

How is this possible? I am the one who will initially be responsible for repayment of these loans so shouldn't I be the one who makes the decisions on how I want these funds dispursed?

Siobhan
Toledo, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2008 03:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ITT-Technical-Institute/Maumee-Ohio-43537/ITT-Technical-Institute-Financial-Aid-Maumee-Ohio-397937. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ITT Technical Institute