Complaint Review: ITT Technical Institute

• Reported By: MCD — Charlotte North Carolina United States of America
ITT Technical Institute
10926 David Taylor Internet United States of America

ITT Technical Institute NORTH CHARLOTTE Campus, Internet

*Consumer Comment: ITT Tech degrees are worthless.

During enrollment early December '11, I was informed of the following misrepresentations:

- "You can choose either day or evening classes."  After choosing day classes, when 2nd quarter schedules were questioned for an evening class, I was informed that my graduation date may be delayed if I opted not to take course until next time it was offered.  Therefore, evening courses are required for day students (YET not vice versa)!

- "You can easily test out of a couple of courses with your 30+ years of experience."  There was nothing easy about it.  The chair of the my elected program and the associate dean went back and forth for weeks giving me bogus information, with my instructors adding yet more confusion by stating policy that neither of their superiors provided.  After getting the school dean involved, I was told that "information provided to me by the recruiter was inaccurate and that they don't know how things operate at the school".  Once I provided proof that her associate provided information different than what she gave (a voice message), she informed me that "you can tell you are a first quarter student".

- "You will have the option of adding additional classes in future quarters."  When I inquired to add a fourth class in my second quarter, I was first informed by the financial aid office that it wasn't any problem and that they would amend my financial aid application.  Until I receive a follow-up email asking me to come into the office, at which time I was told first that if I would be required to paid $100 for 3 months of the quarter.  Within 10 minutes that amount changed to $200 for Feb and Mar and then $100 for April and May for a total of $400.  When I questioned if this was a fee for adding a class or just payment on the account, the financial aid representative referred me to her superior.  After emailing her several times, the response came close to a week later informing me that I would owe NOT $400 or $300, yet $1972 for taking an additional course in the second quarter.

- "Financial aid had been applied to and received on my account."  Yet, when dropping from the school, I was sent an ugly balanc due letter, with only the Pell Grant monies applied and a demand to pay within 5 days before collection would get involved.

Feeling quite suspicious about the lack of professionalism throughout this campus, the problems encountered with their online student portal and any related technical encounter such as email, virtual library, etc., I was left with no other decision other than to drop out of this program.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2012 11:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ITT-Technical-Institute/internet/ITT-Technical-Institute-NORTH-CHARLOTTE-Campus-Internet-856091. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ITT Technical Institute

ITT Tech degrees are worthless.

AUTHOR: hoapres - (USA)

ITT Tech degrees are considered a joke in the high tech industry.  The rational is that if you were dumb enough to spend $50K on an AA degree or $100K on a BS degree when a much cheaper public alternative existed then you were most unlikely not able to get admitted to a real college.  The credits don't transfer to other schools and if an employer sees ITT Tech on your resume then you are likely to be rejected for employment.