sum

• Submitted: Tue, February 12, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, February 22, 2009

• Reported By:St Clair Shores Michigan
ITT Technical
1522 E Big Beaver RD. Troy, Michigan U.S.A.

ITT Technical Insticrap Lies, Lies and summore Lies Troy Michigan

*Consumer Comment: Don't pay attention to previous post

*Consumer Comment: Try pulling up your big-girl pants and grow up

*Author of original report: ITT Technical Institute... update

I am in the last two weeks of my first year at ITT Technical Institute, am maintaining a 3.9 GPA, and am realizing that it means NOTHING. To be honest, I'm not even sure where to begin. Textbooks are bought, but rarely opened. Instructors are severely disorganized, and quite often make no real effort to teach. One class in particular, was actually never taught at all. Students would arrive, and the instructor would basically sit while we surfed the net, and accomplished nothing. I have had multiple instructors clearly state: If we show up, well pass Yes, seriously, not one, but MANY instructors have said that out loud to an entire class. The instructor to my current Thursday class just told me last week, You dont even need to bother coming to the last week of class, its not like there is a final exam Ha! He laughed as if this whole thing is just one big joke!

A's are literally handed out, and I feel cheated out of an education, not to mention the thousands I will owe in student loans. The Dean of Students was actually FIRED during my 3rd quarter. Apparently, too many people were receiving A's in Physics, and the school fell under investigation. There are students who attend with me, that are almost never in class, yet boast of As and Bs at the end of the quarter. This is completely unacceptable, as I work to earn my grades. To know that my efforts have no bearing is just mind-blowing to me.

This particular location only offered an Associates Program at the time of sign up, and I am in pursuit of a BA. I asked that important question before I signed anything. "Will credits earned, transfer to other schools?" I was told that they would, which is a blatant lie. None of my credits will transfer to a University so that I can pursue a valid education. I am now (suddenly) seeing a little discloser on the ITT television commercials stating most credits will not transfer. This tells me I am not the first to complain, and it finally caught up with them. Unfortunately, it is too late for me.

I already owe close $20,000 in loans to Sallie Mae, who is also the subject of multiple horror stories. I am concerned that there is information regarding these loans that I may be unaware of. I feel completely misguided, and betrayed by this institution and its affiliates. I have reported them to Consumer Affairs, but my real goal is a Class Action Suit, as I am obviously not the only one complaining.

Jessa
Saint Clair Shores, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2008 11:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ITT-Technical/Troy-Michigan-48083/ITT-Technical-Insticrap-Lies-Lies-and-summore-Lies-Troy-Michigan-308477. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ITT Technical

Don't pay attention to previous post

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

Please be aware, the person leaving the previous post, Ron Anthony, leaves the same message for everyone who criticizes ITT. He's either a nut case, or works for ITT. Either way, disregard his condesending words. He obviously has a crappy job and wishes everyone else the same.

ITT truly is a fraudulant school, and unfortunately, they are taking great advantage of our desperate economic times. It sounds like you've alredy figured out the obvious, that the "degrees" they offer are pretty much useless in the workplace. However, having said that, it doesn't mean that you've completely wasted your time and money. While your credits may not be transferrable to another institution, you've learned what a good education is and what it is not, and you now know what you have to do. You need to enroll immediately in either Macomb or Oakland Community College and start working toward your degree. Based on the cirriculum you outlined in your post, I would suggest Macomb's South campus. They have an excellent multi-media program and yes -- your credits will transfer to most of our State Universities.

I really feel for you, but unfortunately you have no legal standing without something in writing from ITT that specifically told you that your credits would transfer. without that -- even if you could get fifty people who said they were told the same thing, a court would most likely rule in favor of ITT. Why? Because they would undoubtedly produce some piece of paper saying their credits may not transfer -- and claim that they gave this to you at the time of enrollment. Unfortunately, liars, at least smart ones, almost always win in court.

Good luck to you. You sound very smart, with it, and very determined. Please don't give up. Just take that anger and direct it toward proving to the world that ITT wasn't able to derail your success.

Try pulling up your big-girl pants and grow up

AUTHOR: Ron - (U.S.A.)

My god you are a whiny, bitter, sad woman. I'm sure it never occurred to you to look hard at yourself and accept personal responsibility. As a former Human Resource Director for 25 years I can tell you that your pathetic unwillingness to show some character and maturity and accept responsibilty for your personal shortcomings comes across loud and clear to the interviewers. Why would anyone want to hire a bitter, loser looking for someone else to blame for their laziness and incompetency. Do yourself a big favor. Grow up, accept responsibility, and start your search for a better job with a clean slate and an attitude that YOU and only YOU are responsible for your successes and failure. The true measure of character isn't about what you do or say when things are going well, but how you handle yourself when things get tough. I wish you the best of luck in your job search. I'm fairly certain you're going to need it. Ron Anthony

ITT Technical Institute... update

AUTHOR: Imagae - (U.S.A.)

I was in the Multimedia Program....

I went in to withdraw from ITT yesterday. They inadvertently told me that they are ELIMINATING the Multimedia Program, and replacing it with Visual Communications. That if I stay, MOST of my credits will transfer into the new program. So basically their credits don't even transfer to their OWN school, let alone another. A few months ago they introduced the Visual Communications Program. There was a choice at that point for those in Multimedia, between Multimedia and the new: Visual Communications. Now they are just eliminating the Multimedia Program altogether.

The woman I first spoke with about withdrawing (my supposed Field Chair who was a replacement to a previous Field Chair who was NEVER available..) was telling me this in an effort to make me stay! She was just blah blah blahing, and I don't think she even realized what she was saying! Do these people understand that any student smart enough to peep whats happening could SUE them??

Think about it. You enroll into a program... then they suddenly eliminate that program, replace it with another, and only SOME of the classes/credits transfer because the classes are different in the new program?? What?! So basically you paid for classes you didn't need, and still OWE on loans for those classes? Insane. Completely insane.

I told the ding bat that I am entering the University of Michigan, and she quickly insulted me by patting my leg, and asking if I thought I was really READY for such a thing! She said "Wow, that is 4 years of school... are you sure your ready for that honey?"

I swear, I wanted to spit in her damn eye.