Complaint Review: ITV Ventures -- Donald Barrett - Kevin Trudeau

• Submitted: Sun, August 31, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, June 13, 2009

• Reported By:Rockaway Beach New York
ITV Ventures -- Donald Barrett - Kevin Trudeau
232 Touhy Ave Elk Grove Village, Illinois U.S.A.

ITV Ventures - Donald Barrett - Kevin Trudeau Also ripped off !! Any class-action lawsuit pending? Elk Grove Village Illinois

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: I totally agree, Class Action Lawsuite?

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: I made money with ITV Ventures

Joined up with ITV Ventures May 2008 because after trying many home businesses since having to leave my telephone company job because of disability, and just being eligible for a small govt disability allowance, was heartened by the idea of sharing in the millions of dollars of TV advertising revenue ITV was offering, as found I could not compete with 'the big guys' without having a substantial advertising budget to work with myself.

I really thought it was a revolutionary concept and that these guys were great to want to help people like this and make America's economy stronger, what with all the outsourcing going on.

Well, after spending SO MUCH just to get started (I wasted half of my husband's tax return money and just cringe each time I think about it!), I could not get the system to work and let me take the tests, or join the HAP Program, so that I could get started taking calls.

As time went on, waiting long lengths for callbacks from customer service, and getting no where with them, I just couldn't keep up with the numerous monthly expenditures expected of the IBO's to stay eligible and had to just back out (which they did NOT make it easy to do, and never refunded anything that was promised, although I was asking for just a portion after my phone messages were ignored and they kept debiting my bank account), without ever having been able to make a dime.

Now I am shocked to read here that Donald Barrett & Kevin Trudeau are such lying weasels ... imagine them doing drugs and having sex in the office while ripping us all off!! They should definitely be prosecuted!!

Please let me know if there is any kind of lawsuit being brought against them and I will certainly cooperate! I lost upwards toward $1,000 which I can ill afford and am still feeling the pinch from, and I am truly sorry for my fellow complainants as well, some of whom lost much more! It's really shameful of these rats and they should be forced to reimburse us all!

I always check Ripoff Report before trying a home business, and do not know why there was nothing there about ITV back then, as I now see some complaints stemming from before the date I joined, or I NEVER WOULD have joined. I figured they were legit and trustworthy because of the absence of reports at the time.

Regina
Rockaway Beach, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/31/2008 09:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ITV-Ventures-Donald-Barrett-Kevin-Trudeau/Elk-Grove-Village-Illinois-60007/ITV-Ventures-Donald-Barrett-Kevin-Trudeau-Also-ripped-off-Any-class-action-lawsuit-368666. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ITV Ventures -- Donald Barrett - Kevin Trudeau

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

I totally agree, Class Action Lawsuite?

AUTHOR: Former Itv Ibo - (U.S.A.)

I am in Idaho and I too filed a report on Donald Barrett. I agree with you and Kevin Trudeau is also lining his pockets with what they both made off of us little guys. I am owed $600.00 to $800.00 in unused call credits and the refunds were supposedly coming in April, 180 days from closing ITV Ventures in Oct. of 2008. Nothing, not even an email of course. I'd join a Class Action Law Suite if someone got it started. I will get information to file a claim with the Attorney General in Boston Mass and I know from experience of dealing with these offices it helps to have a number of people file complaints as they will pursue it a little better. The few people I know who were involved with ITV I will let them know of this site to file a claim as well. Power in numbers!

Pam
Weippe, ID

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

I made money with ITV Ventures

AUTHOR: Gail - (U.S.A.)

I understand that you are upset about your circumstances with ITV Ventures. I worked for ITV Ventures for over a year taking orders from TV infomercials, and yes it was expensive that I will grant you, but over that I made a great amount of money with this company (last year around $18k). They only had problems this year because of the FDA objecting to what Donald had said about coral calcium when he first started his business out of his parents garage 8 years ago. They decided to sue him for claiming that coral calcium could prevent and cure cancer, which I believe it does. They are suing him for 55 million, plus he has personal problems, plus his Dad is very sick. This is the reason that EVS was started so he could continue in business. Unfortunately, you joined at a bad time. I'm sure that all his assets with ITV have been frozen so he cannot pay you at this time. I say this with ITV still owing me $2500 in call credits. I believed in the company and I believed in the products. It's just a shame that the FDA will not allow freedom of speech because they are not making a profit and promote drugs which literally kill thousands of people every year. That is the bottom line. They were looking for a way to stop him from telling the truth about the drug industry and they found it! Again, I am sorry for your experience, but ITV was a reputable company and I believe you and I will get the monies owed to us in time.
Gail