Complaint Review: ITW Space Bags

• Reported By:Oxford Ohio
ITW Space Bags
spacebag.com Internet U.S.A.

ITW Space Bags Product does not work Internet

I ordered a basic set of space bags from the web site www.spacebag.com to help with a move across state. These bags are designed to shrink the amount of space that soft items (clothes, bedding, stuffed animals, etc.) take up when the consumer vacuums the air out of the bags. First of all, I was only trying to order a set of 7 bags, but before the site would let me check out, I had to go through somewhere between 5 and 8 screens trying to get me to add more products to my order (don't bother with these).

The website says that your order should ship in 14 days (though it may take longer during high-volume times). It took well over a month for them to ship the order and I never received any kind of email update as to where my order was.

In the meantime I did some research on the internet and found several negative reports on infomercialscams.com. I admit that I should have done this research before buying and that, after reading all of the negative reviews, I was skeptical that the product would work.

When I finally received my shipment, I immediately tested each bag to see if they would work. I didn't want to depend on the product for my move without making sure that they would stay deflated. I followed all of the directions exactly and handled the bags carefully. One of the large cube bags failed immediately (I could hear the air hissing out of the seal right after vacuuming air out). The other cube failed about an hour later, meaning that the air gradually leaked in and the bag expanded. I had two large and two medium flat bags, all of which failed in a few hours. The hanging bag (designed to hold up to 10 hangers) looked to be the most promising, although it didn't give me much more space than packing items into a garment bag would have. The plastic of the bag, however, was so thin that my hangers put holes in the bag.

Customer service informed me that they will replace defective bags. Since all of my bags failed, I think it's much more than bad luck that all 7 of my bags were defective. The online customer service will not talk to you about a refund. I tried to contact customer service over the phone twice and was never able to get through. Luckily, I didn't not spend too much money on the bags, so I used the big ones as garbage bags and threw them all away.

Please do not buy this product. If you must, I strongly recommend reading the reports on infomercialscams.com before deciding to buy these bags.

Oxford, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/05/2008 10:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ITW-Space-Bags/internet/ITW-Space-Bags-Product-does-not-work-Internet-347672. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ITW Space Bags