Complaint Review: IVORY BRITES

• Submitted: Mon, June 08, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, June 08, 2009

• Reported By:Long Beach California
263 West Olive Avenue, Suite 130 Burbank, California U.S.A.

I received a pop-up ad for some teeth whiteners. It was only five dollars, so I thought, why not. Then another ad pops up and the ad says to use this product with the other to get maximum benefits. Wow, I was excited. I signed up immediately.

Much to my horror, about a week later, I saw several bizzarre charges on my account; one for $88.97, one for $9.99 from Axis Wellness, and a few more for $3.99. I called the company to get them to remove the charges. You are immediately forwarded to a cowardly e-mail service. They will not speak to you in person. A man named Tom Slokum aswered my e-mail and basically told me that "I did this myself." And of course he said I am absolutely not entitled to a refund. Unbelievable.

When you sign up for these teeth whiteners, I found out they pre-check the box that says you want all of this other stuff to go with it, like colon cleanse. The writing is super small and greyed out and nearly invisible. I flat out didn't see anything about them charging me a monthly fee of $88.97. Now my bank is charging me astronimical overdraft charges and now I'm liable for this and a lot more.

I will never again buy anything off the internet. These people need to be stopped. This has to be illegal.

Long Beach, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/08/2009 11:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/IVORY-BRITES/Burbank-California-91502/IVORY-BRITES-DECEPTIVE-AD-UNAUTHORIZED-CHARGES-ON-MY-CHECKING-ACCOUNT-Burbank-California-459882. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on IVORY BRITES