Complaint Review: IWB CLUB

• Submitted: Mon, March 30, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, March 30, 2009

• Reported By:Orange Park Florida
iwbclub.com Henderson, Nevada U.S.A.

IWB CLUB Invalid charges on credit card Henderson Nevada

Being a member of a non-profit organization I have been looking for grants for our organization. In the process I ordered a CD that was supposed to teach me how to apply for government grants.

I received the CD, which seems to have on it an index to the files for the grants. However, on my credit card statement for the Jan-Feb time frame a charge shows up that was unexpected. On or about 25 Feb I contacted the phone number listed and was told this would be a monthly charge, presumably for access to this companies data base. I immediately called the number, cancelled the account, and was told the charges would be refunded.

Now comes the Feb-Mar statement and not only is there no refund but I was again charged the same amount. In other words they ignored my cancellation request. Therefore, my second call to the company was made about 1040 today (Mar 30, 2009), telling the entire story about the original (supposed) cancelation etc. The person I spoke with guaranteed the account was now cancelled and the refund was made and he gave me a confirmation number, and sent me an e-mail - but the confirmation number is not in the e-mail.

We are not done yet: I called the company again because I did not know if the refund (supposedly) made today was to cover both refunds that I was due. A different person answered the phone, and I was told the refund was only for the current charges. To get the Jan-Feb charges refunded I would have to fill out certain forms to be sent to me and I would have to apply to the corporate main office to get the refund of the previous charge.

The standard run around was well and in full progress - I told the person this seemed to be a run-around and that I would not play the game. I told the person that I would immediately call my credit card provider and dispute both charges, and have their company blocked from charging my account.

I have now done just that and my Credit Company has refunded the amounts and sent reject notice of these charges.

Orange Park, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/30/2009 10:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/IWB-CLUB/Henderson-Nevada-89052/IWB-CLUB-Invalid-charges-on-credit-card-Henderson-Nevada-439071. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on IWB CLUB