Complaint Review: IWS, Scentura Creations, Perfume People

• Submitted: Thu, April 10, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, April 10, 2008

• Reported By:Las Vegas Nevada
IWS, Scentura Creations, Perfume People
1500 E. Tropicana Suite 222 Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.
  • Phone: 702-731-1110
  • Web:
  • Category: Employers

IWS, Scentura Creations, Perfume People Distributor-Men's/ Women's knock-off fragrances, Hester Hernandez, Hester Sherard, Larry Hahn, Curtis Sherard Las Vegas Nevada

I want people to know that the perfume distributor scam goin on in Las Vegas, among many other cities, is now named IWS. They say they are an international distributor with over 900 offices. They finally tell you in the second interview (group interview 20-30 people) they sell knock-off fragrances for men and women. They are located at 1500 E. Tropicana suite 222 and their phone number is 702.731.1110.

I went yesterday, 4/9/2008 for my first interview and was invited back for the 2nd interview today. Today I was invited to start working for them Monday along with several others. I am very skeptical when an opportunity reads too good to be true, however, like many others in this city, I am hopeful and in need of a job.

I began thinkin somethin was up when I saw the ad did not want a resume but a phone call for an interview and would be paying $40,000. Then, during my interview, they never really told me anything about the company but managed to make you think they were being informative, until you left thinkin, what is this company. I asked questions and thought it was strange that they were international, been around for 33 years, but didn't have a website. Also, like mentioned in everyone's stories before mine, the music was kinda loud. Even though I love R&B, it was strange how loud it was. What's funny about the situation to me was how innocent and sweet some of the staff looked. Please be on your guard, when it seems too good to be true...it always is. Also, I wanted to add to this ongoing list of complaints, because it seems as though their names keep changing and intermixing. I hope by me adding this others will find the correct info using google. I thought it was funny that they keep mixing their names together. I met "Hester Sherard" today, but apparantly there is a Curtis Sherard and a Hester Hernandez!!

I guess I just hope you all use your "gut" instinct. Its almost always right. I wanted to doubt my own instinct cuz I wanted this to be true soooo bad, and I really feel for those sittin next to me today with big smiles and high hopes. I only hope that their instinct kicked in and they went home after accepting this job and did some research like I did. I kept thinkin, well how can they scam me if I don't give them any money?? After reading everyones' stories I realized I could be passing up legitimate money and opportunity had I gone in next week. Now, thanks to all of those who took the time to add a report, I have an interview Monday with a legitimate company. Yes it only starts at $12 an hour, but at least its legite.

Best of luck to you all!!

Unbelievable
Las Vegas, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/10/2008 04:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/IWS-Scentura-Creations-Perfume-People/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89119/IWS-Scentura-Creations-Perfume-People-Distributor-Mens-Womens-knock-off-fragrances-H-325166. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on IWS, Scentura Creations, Perfume People