Complaint Review: IYogi

• Updated: Sat, August 13, 2011

• Reported By: Anonymous — Bellmead Texas United States of America
IYogi

IYogi Scam artists, liars, thieves, Internet

I looked up HP support and called the number thinking I would get a HP representative. Instead, I got someone from IYogi in India.  I called to get help setting up my wireless network. I gave personal information, they got into my computer then stated I had viruses on my computer even though I have an up-to-date virus scanner. They then proceeded to delete temporary files and talked me into paying $169.99 for support. When they were done, my computer didn't run any faster, my sound was somehow disabled on my monitor and they had not done anything to set up a wireless network.

They told me it would be an additional $139.99 for the laptop setup.  I told them that was what I had called for in the beginning. I told them I wasn't going to pay $169.99 because they had not done anything I had asked them to do and the work they claimed to have done only made my computer worse.  Unfortunately, they already had my credit card information so I had to wait until it posted and file a report with my credit card company. Somebody needs to do something about these con artists.  If these local companies are outsourcing tech support outside of the country, they need to be boycotted because they are assisting these con artists.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/13/2011 01:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/IYogi/internet/IYogi-Scam-artists-liars-thieves-Internet-764805. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on IYogi