• Report: #1051954

• Reported By: David from Sweden — Falun Alabama
Iberia Airlines
Internet Spain

Iberia Airlines Avoid this Airline - a Rip-Off! Internet

We purchased full-priced tickets from Sweden to Spain from Iberia Airlines (for the 4th year).  The tickets assured us each a 2nd bag for only 50 Euros.  When we arrived at the airport we discovered that Iberia had changed our flight so that we would fly with their "daughter" company - Vueling Airlines.  Vueling Airlines charged us 400 Euros for 2 additonal bags - and it was not something they were willing to negoiate!

Assuming that there was some mistake, I wrote to Iberia customer service explaing the situation and asking for compensation for the additional charges - as well as assurance that we could return to Sweden without being over-charged.  In return I received a mundane form letter that did not address any of my concerns.  I wrote 2 more times, trying to go into more detail.  I received the same "form" letter each time.  Finally I sent a snail-mail letter to Iberia's president - including all documentation.  In return I received an email with the same "form" letter!  Obviously Iberia cares little about their customers and can't be bothered to answer specific customer concerns.

In the end, we mailed 2 suitcases with belongings back to Sweden - much cheaper than 400 Euros!  And we will never fly with Iberia again.  A big rip off!  Avoid them at all costs!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/18/2013 12:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Iberia-Airlines/internet/Iberia-Airlines-Avoid-this-Airline-a-Rip-Off-Internet-1051954. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Iberia Airlines