Complaint Review: Ice talent agency canada

Ice talent agency canada
Calgary Calgary, Alberta Canada

Ice talent agency canada Not paying her contractors Calgary Alberta

*Consumer Suggestion: Reactionary & Unfair

*Author of original report: I got paid

I have worked for Amanda when she first came to canada to start her business in calgary. She tends to ignore me whenever I have a question or a concern by not replying to my emails or returning my calls. I did a job for her on May 4th 2013, for the Cancer society underwear affair, it has been 25 days and I still haven't been paid for the work I did for her. I first contacted her business partner about my pay who further relayed my message to Amanda, and since then Amanda has not bothered to email me back regarding my payment. She claims to have paid me on the 10th of may when there is no proof that she actually did. I wrote her a message on may 28 2013 asking to be paid but she has further ignored my emails, face book messages and phone calls. I find it unprofessional that she ignores her contractors, when she should do the right thing which is to pay me. Last year she took over a month to pay me for a serving position I did for her; I had to email her, text her and call her almost everyday in order to get her attention. All I want is for her to pay me for my hours And I'll leave her alone.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/29/2013 08:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ice-talent-agency-canada/Calgary-Alberta/Ice-talent-agency-canada-Not-paying-her-contractors-Calgary-Alberta-1054627. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ice talent agency canada

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Reactionary & Unfair

AUTHOR: Mediator - ()

ICE TALENT AGENCY Canada has a very clean reputation. My agency works closely with theirs, and through all of my experiences thus far, I have NEVER had or heard of any payment related issues with ICE. In fact, ICE is one of the most trustworthy and responsible agencies here in Canada, and if they were not, our agency would not endorse or work so closely with them.

I am aware of the incident mentioned regarding work done in May, and I helped to oversee and mitigate to resolve the issue. I am extremely disappointed by this posting, and frankly surprised to see it here at all. It is reactionary and unnecessary because the contractor was paid as per her contract terms. The payment was submitted as quickly as possible, and there was open communication with the contractor when it was brought to the agency's attention that the payment was missed. With that said, the payment was still within the payment timeline as per the contractor's agreement (30 days/1 month).

There was never any planned intentional non-payment as this post suggests. Ice Talent Agency always pays their staff for work done: to suggest otherwise is simply both disappointing, and not true. Ice generally pays their contractors within one month or 30 days as per their contractor agreements. All contractors are aware and made aware of these terms.

Of course, IF there are ever delays in payment, or mistakes made, they are always dealt with via direct communication with the contractors as quickly as possible. Contractors are the foundation of the business, and open communication is always encouraged to resolve any issues. Unfortunately, it seems that this contractor reacted much too quickly, and didn't give the agency an opportunity to resolve the payment issue before posting this complaint - again, this is reactionary, inflammatory, and unfair.

The contractor was indeed paid for this work, as are all of Ice's contractors, yet this post remains here on the internet. To add to that, this contractor emailed and complained to another contractor regarding this incident (which upset things further) rather than dealing directly with the company and maintaining professionalism. She also posted personal and confidential emails online, dangerously exposing the personal information and identities of bystanders who were included in the email thread online.

Regarding the work done this May 2013, as the contractor states herself, she was paid within 30 days of her work. The complaint here was premature and inflammatory.

I do not have any specific knowledge of the serving work that she mentions, though from her own post, she was paid for that too.

My suggestion to this poster, and to any contractor who is concerned about a contract or it's terms: COMMUNICATE. Always communicate - give the company the benefit of the doubt, or at least a fair opportunity to resolve the issue before reacting. It is both immature and irresponsible to jeopardize an honest company’s reputation due to assumptions and impatience.

I got paid