Complaint Review: Icon Fitness

• Submitted: Tue, August 11, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, January 16, 2010

• Reported By:Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
Icon Fitness
1500 South 1000 West Logan, Utah U.S.A.

Icon Fitness Does Not Take Responsibility When Their Product Arrives Faulty, Damaged Logan Utah

*Author of original report: Purchase price refunded

*Author of original report: Icon Apologizes & Offers Refund

I purchased a NordicTrack Elliptical in March 09. It arrived badly damaged, although the packaging was just dented in the corner. We realized this when after we had opened the box and put it together. The inside gears were smashed, among other problems. Had the box looked really bad, I never would have accepted it to begin with.

Was it damaged in shipping or at the factory? I will never know, but Icon Fitness refused to replace it. They kept replacing parts as it was discovered that this part was broken and that part was out of alignment, etc. A repairman was at my place 3-4 times.

The elliptical was not even useable the first 3 months we owned it. We waited for replacement parts for weeks, and then the repairman to fit us into his schedule.

Here is what I wrote to the company after they said they would no longer continue to send someone out to deal with our ongoing issues. (The elliptical now works but clunks when in use.) "I never felt so left out in the cold by a company. Icon Fitness is unwilling to stand behind its product & take responsibility for any issues with it. My elliptical was broken & damaged from the time it arrived at my home. I don't know if it was damaged when it was built or during delivery, but regardless a more respectable company would have sent a replacement to make things right rather than make me jump thru hoops for months trying to get it to an "acceptable" place where it at least functions, although still not without clunking. You obviously have no pride in your product, work and don't care about your reputation. My biggest regret was not researching your company's background with regards to customer care before purchasing -- boy, are there a lot of negative comments out there on the Internet about you. I will be adding to them."

Ripped off in Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/11/2009 07:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Icon-Fitness/Logan-Utah-84321/Icon-Fitness-Does-Not-Take-Responsibility-When-Their-Product-Arrives-Faulty-Damaged-Logan-478382. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Icon Fitness

Purchase price refunded

AUTHOR: scalises@zoominternet.net - (U.S.A.)

Just wanted to let readers know that my money was refunded on December 27.

Icon Apologizes & Offers Refund

AUTHOR: scalises@zoominternet.net - (U.S.A.)

Good news! Icon management has reviewed my complaint, and has not only revamped their policies with regard to customer service and warranty work, but also has apologized to me for the poor handling of my case and will be giving me a full product refund. I couldn't be more pleased. I give them kudos for not only making things right with me, but working on their internal processes to ensure something similar won't happen to a future customer. I will post an update here when the refund is received so readers can see that it did indeed go through and was handled in a timely manner.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC