Complaint Review: Icon Health And Fitness - NordicTrak

• Submitted: Thu, February 01, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, February 01, 2007

• Reported By:Louisville Kentucky
Icon Health And Fitness - NordicTrak
nordicktrak.com Logan, Utah U.S.A.

Icon Health And Fitness - NordicTrak ripoff Worst customer service, poor shipping techniques Logan Utah

I ordered the cx1050 elliptical. When the delivery driver arrived he asked if my girlfriend if we had a dolly, when she told him no he proceeded to end over end flip this thing (a 242 lbs box that was 7 feet tall) to my second floor Apt. Needless to say, when I opened it up, the machine was shattered in several locations.

Getting in touch with customer service was a nightmare to say the least, I was on the phone for well over an hour before I got to speak with a person. That person assure me that they would pick up the damaged product and ship a new one. I told the person on the phone that I would leave work and meet the delivery driver with a dolly so that this would not happen again. Well 3 weeks later the driver shows up to my house and says that they only guarantee curbside delivery and that he couldn't take the damaged product because he didn't have a call tag for it. So I signed for the box and hauled it upstairs myself only to realize when I open the box that it was the wrong machine!

I Immediately began calling customer service, after being on hold for over 40 minutes someone finally answered and said that I just missed a supervisor by 15 minutes.

So today I called at 9 am and stayed on hold for another 2 hours until finally someone answered. They told me that it will be another 2 weeks before I can get these picked up and when the driver shows up I will have to haul them downstairs myself. On top of that I can't get a refund until they verify that the product has shipped back to them.

I am absolutely disgusted with Icon Health and Fitness and would suggest that anyone looking to purchase fitness equipment don't waste your time or money with this pathetic excuse for a business.

I challenge NordicTrack or Icon to rebut anything I've posted here today.

Chris
Louisville, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/01/2007 08:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Icon-Health-And-Fitness-NordicTrak/Logan-Utah/Icon-Health-And-Fitness-NordicTrak-ripoff-Worst-customer-service-poor-shipping-techniqu-233985. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Icon Health And Fitness - NordicTrak