Complaint Review: Icon Health & Fitness

• Updated: Thu, July 08, 2010

• Reported By: TonyZ — Philadelphia Pennsylvania United States of America
Icon Health & Fitness
1500 South 1000 West Internet United States of America

Icon Health & Fitness Lied about their service fee at initial call and ripp you off once you are hooked Internet

I have a eliptical machine which resistance stopped working. I called Icon custome service to place a onsite service call. The girl told me there is a $139 labor change plus parts(if needed). I approved the order and paid by credit card. Also, I described the problem to the girl so the technician can get prepared. Conversation was short and clear, everything seems to be under control.

Technician showed up and found out the resitance motor is dead and two 2-way washers are missing. He didn't have any of these, and I have to call Icon to place the order for these parts. No problem, I called Icon and to place the order for parts and was to $83 total(which a small motor like that I can get from internet for $25, but I figure business needs to make money). Everything is fine so far and the following made me mad: there will be a $55 charge on labor for returning service because parts were not available at the first visit(my fault?).  And the more pissing conversation is the girl took my parts order insists that she heard the girl who took my first call told me there will be return charge if parts were not available!

There are a bunch of liers in there service department!  I just hope this country is not having more and more this kind of comany and people

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2010 08:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Icon-Health-Fitness/internet/Icon-Health-Fitness-Lied-about-their-service-fee-at-initial-call-and-ripp-you-off-once-621426. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Icon Health & Fitness