Complaint Review: Idaho Careline 2-1-1

• Updated: Mon, May 17, 2010

• Reported By: Jill — Boise Idaho United States of America
Idaho Careline 2-1-1
PO Box 83720 Boise, Idaho United States of America

Idaho Careline 2-1-1 Idaho Department of Health and Welfare Totally incompetent government human service agency Boise, Idaho

I had been out of work and dealing with some health problems for quite some time, and just generally wasn't dealing with things well.  I've never take any help from anyone or any sort of public assistance, so I was reluctant to contact any government agency for help ... but I had really run out of options at this point.  So, I finally called the Idaho Dept of Health and Welfare's (IDHW) Idaho Careline 2-1-1, which is intended to help people find whatever government offices or services they might need--  it is NOT a suicide hotline or anything like that.

The woman who answered the phone immediately started asking questions about whether I was thinking of hurting myself or giving up on life.  I made it very clear that I only wanted to see what sort of help or public assitance might be available to someone in my situation.  She had no answers and persisted in trying to make my life sound more dire than it really was.  Finally, I hung up and called back to see if someone else might answer.  I got another woman who started the same mode of questioning, with no real answers to my own question.  Her response was basically that only single mothers with starving children (which I am not) were of concern to the State of Idaho, and even then that most help would come from the Mormon church.  That's fine.  Idaho is one messed up inbred ultra-conservative religious state, I already knew that, so I hung up.  Done with it.  Done with Idaho.

About 15 minutes later there is a knock on my door.   I open the door, and three police officers are standing there!!  The female officer says that IDHW had informed them that I was a danger to myself and needed to be taken into protective custody!!  OMFG, I was furious at this point, and of course anyone this upset does start to seem a bit crazy.  The officers came into my apartment and asked all sorts of question about my mental health history and wanting to hurt myself.  After I calmed down, they could see I was fine, and they left rather upset with IDHW for having sent them to me for no good reason.  BUT the worst part was having to explain to my neighbors why 2 police cars showed up with their lights flashing and sirens on.

I am posting this because I want anyone thinking of ever calling Idaho Careline 2-1-1 to think very carefully about what it is you hope to find out.  If you live in Idaho, you already know that the state government is not there to help anyone-- it is simply a police state.  Don't expect to get any help.  Go to your church for help, or leave Idaho as I did.  I am much happier living out of my car in Oregon, than I ever was in the crazy inbred Mormon run state of Idaho.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/17/2010 09:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Idaho-Careline-2-1-1/Boise-Idaho-83720/Idaho-Careline-2-1-1-Idaho-Department-of-Health-and-Welfare-Totally-incompetent-government-604343. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Idaho Careline 2-1-1