• Report: #319109

• Submitted: Tue, March 18, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, March 18, 2008

• Reported By:Lomita California
Idearc Media, Aka IAR, Aka Idearc Inc
2200 W. Airfield Dr., P.). Box 619810, DFW Airport, TX 75261-9810 Las Alamitos, California U.S.A.

Idearc Media, Aka IAR, Aka Idearc Inc Falsely Accusing Me of Entering into a Contract for Online Advertising Las Alamitos California

During the last part of 2007, I had several discussions with Idearc Media, the publisher of Superpages.com, and the official publisher of Verizon Print Directories. We discussed advertising on Superpages.com for 2008, but nothing was finalized. Never the less, I have been receiving invoices as if we had reached agreement. When I called Idearc Media, I was told that I did in fact sign such an agreement. I requested them to fax me a copy of the agreement. They followed up at first by sending me an unsigned contract. When I brought it to their attention that it was unsigned, they responded by stating that the one from the year prior had an automatic renewal clause. I requested to see a copy of that contract with its automatic renewal clause.
They sent me last year's contract, but it did not have an automatic renewal clause as they stated. The next time I got through to a live person, I was told that I had sign an agreement in 2006 with an automatic renewal clause. They faxed this agreement to me, but it neither was for the online advertising nor did it have an automatic renewal clause. I have not been able to make contact with a live person on their phone system since, but am getting charged.

Bob
Lomita, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/18/2008 04:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Idearc-Media-Aka-IAR-Aka-Idearc-Inc/Las-Alamitos-California-90720-2399/Idearc-Media-Aka-IAR-Aka-Idearc-Inc-Falsely-Accusing-Me-of-Entering-into-a-Contract-for-319109. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Idearc Media, Aka IAR, Aka Idearc Inc