Complaint Review: Idearc Media Corporation

• Submitted: Sun, August 31, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, July 13, 2009

• Reported By:Denver Colorado
Idearc Media Corporation
651 Canyon Drive Coppell, Texas U.S.A.

Idearc Media Corporation, AKA - SUPERPAGES.COM I explained to the salesperson that I was already under contract with AT&T; but they SLAMMED me anyway! Coppell Texas

*Consumer Comment: IDEARC ARE THE WOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRSTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!

*UPDATE Employee: customer service

On or around, June of '2008 I was contacted by a representative from SUPERPAGES.COM about upgrading my FREE advertising page to a paid account.

I throughly explained to the sales agent that I was NOT interested in upgrading to paid services because I am currently under a business contract with AT&T already. The sales agent assured me that if I did not want the services, I could CANCEL them within 14 DAYS of accepting the initial contract.

So, in any event, I accepted the terms over the phone, (not using my better judgment).

After realizing what I had done, I immediately called the Customer Service Center at IDEARC MEDIA and canceled my account. I asked the Customer Service agent 3 times if I was going to be billed for this service since I was canceling the service. The sales agent assured me that I WOULD NOT be billed for the service, (NOTE: I canceled my account 10 minutes after the initial phone conversation with the sales agent).

Nevertheless, I was billed by IDEARC anyway! I called the Customer Service center and spoke with, (LINDA): (866)803-0854 x(4764)

I convincingly explained my situation to Linda; unfolding to her that I was already under contract with AT&T. It was not surprising at all to me that Linda was extremely rude, callous, and divisive. In fact, she claimed that I did not even call the Customer Service department to cancel my account, (which by the way, was a bold-faced LIE)!

They are still sending me invoices; but I refuse to pay for something when I am clearly a victim of SLAMMING!!

I am also in the process of contacting the Attorney General's office, the Better Business Bureau, and the Chamber of Commerce.

Companies that prey on and exploit business owners, (in my opinion), need to be put, "OUT OF BUSINESS"!!

Jim
Denver, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/31/2008 01:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Idearc-Media-Corporation/Coppell-Texas-75019/Idearc-Media-Corporation-AKA-SUPERPAGESCOM-I-explained-to-the-salesperson-that-I-was-a-368596. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Idearc Media Corporation

IDEARC ARE THE WOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRSTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!

AUTHOR: Sam - (U.S.A.)

Ask the company to sent you the contract that you had signed( ask specifically for the signature, if they provide you one, then sue them for fraud because I bet you hadn't signed it yourself). I bet they will fail to comply with your petition. Voice recording stand no chance in a class action against the company. There are thousands of victims to Idearc Fraud activities. Joint the class action and enjoy the desecrating of this company . This is their chosen faith, due to their inability to comprehend the customer establishing relationship. Now all of the customers that this company had screwed will sue them. The fraud is not only based on associate level but it goes deep into the top management staff.

customer service

AUTHOR: Idearc - (U.S.A.)

We are never pleased when one of our clients is unhappy. Please give me the opportunity to review your issue. I promise someone will get back to you within 48 hours with an update. Please provide me with the following information and e-mail back to me at: customerservice@idearc.com

Your full name and title:
Business Name:
Business Telephone Number:
State in which your Business resides:
Your contact number: