Complaint Review: Idearc Media / Superpages.com

• Submitted: Mon, November 10, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, July 09, 2009

• Reported By:Higginson Arkansas
Idearc Media / Superpages.com
P. O. Box 619810, DFW Airport, Texas U.S.A.

Idearc Media -- Superpages.comIdearc Media / Superpages.com Company will not honor promises of their sales rep DFW Airport Texas

*UPDATE Employee: customer service

On September 23, 2008, I received a phone call from a sales rep for Verizon's Superpages. As the owner of a new online business, I was interested in discussing what the company might be able to offer my fledgling business, but I was very clear that I was not capitalized sufficiently to commit to any long-term or expensive contracts unless and until the company could show me tangible results. The sales rep assured me that Idearc Media / Superpages would be able to refer lots of traffic to my website and, if the advertising did not pay for itself, I could opt-out at any time.

As she explained it to me, since this is not print advertising like the traditional yellow pages, it would be a simple matter with withdraw from the program at any time. She even offered to "throw in two free months" with this "starter package." Even as the Superpages and I were getting started, I learned that those "two free months" were at the END of a year's advertising, not at the beginning, but I dismissed this as only somewhat misleading.

However, during the first month of advertising, I saw NO increase in traffic from the advertising with Superpages. By their own records, my online ad got two (2) "clicks" to my site. I paid the agreed $86 for that month, but promptly asked to opt-out of future advertising. At this point, I was told that there was NO OPT-OUT feature to the "starter package" that I had purchased. I was committed for a full-year of advertising regardless of the performance of the company, even though I had specifically explained to the sales rep that I didn't want a long-term commitment on my limited budget.

I have contacted the company repeatedly to ask that they terminate this account, but no one knows anything about any opt-out feature. They are immovable that I MUST honor twelve months of the contract, even though this is not what we had initially agreed, and regardless of my requests to opt out.

Ann
Higginson, Arkansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/10/2008 03:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Idearc-Media-Superpagescom/DFW-Airport-Texas-75261/Idearc-Media-SuperpagescomIdearc-Media-Superpagescom-Company-will-not-honor-promise-389802. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Idearc Media / Superpages.com

customer service

AUTHOR: Idearc - (U.S.A.)

We are never pleased when one of our clients is unhappy. Please give me the opportunity to review your issue. I promise someone will get back to you within 48 hours with an update. Please provide me with the following information and e-mail back to me at: customerservice@idearc.com

Your full name and title:
Business Name:
Business Telephone Number:
State in which your Business resides:
Your contact number: