Complaint Review: Idearc Media Verizon Yellow Pages SuperPages ZERO Return

• Submitted: Fri, December 26, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, June 09, 2009

• Reported By:Fort wayne Indiana
Idearc Media Verizon Yellow Pages SuperPages ZERO Return
P.O. Box 619810 D/FW Airport, Texas U.S.A.

Idearc Media Verizon Yellow Pages SuperPages ZERO Return False Claims, Fraudulent Business Practices, and False Advertising D/FW Airport Texas

*UPDATE Employee: customer service

*Consumer Comment: i am in celina, ohio and this my same experience.

My company (trying to grow ) was contacted incessantly, had to be told to stop, by Idearc Media Verizon and resulted in the purchase of a yellow page ad.

I honestly did not know the ad was running because there hasn't been ONE SINGLE CALL EVERAT ALL; I'm so glad the rep talked me into this and signed us up.

I remember another entry in the notes now regarding the placement of the advertising; My company would be inundated with phone calls as a result of the advertising in the yellow pages, resulting in many new customers, EVEN BEFORE the my first payment was due AND how hundreds of people that the sales rep spoke with every day, NEED and are currently looking for THIS company's services. So I want to personally thank Idearc Media Reps for the false advertising to sucker money out of growing companies with false claims, fraudulent business practices and false advertising.

Copies of these emails will be sent to the Indiana Office of Attorney General if I am not contacted ASAP regarding refund/ withdrawal of this invoice.

So far, i haven't been contacted by Idearc Media Verizon Yellow Pages regarding this except from billing department.

Many other small companies I am sure have been taken advantage of by these practices and frankly we cant afford not to see a return on every advertising dollar. Please contact me regarding a potential class-action law suit.

Do not advertise with IDEARC MEDIA VERIZON YELLOW PAGES because you will not receive one single call, as in our case. Idearc Media Verizon Yellow Pages ZERO results, ZERO return, do not advertise there.

M.J.
Fort wayne, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/26/2008 10:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Idearc-Media-Verizon-Yellow-Pages-SuperPages-ZERO-Return/DFW-Airport-Texas-75261-9810/Idearc-Media-Verizon-Yellow-Pages-SuperPages-ZERO-Return-False-Claims-Fraudulent-Business-404984. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Idearc Media Verizon Yellow Pages SuperPages ZERO Return

AUTHOR: Idearc - (U.S.A.)

We are never pleased when one of our clients is unhappy. Please give me the opportunity to review your issue. I promise someone will get back to you within 48 hours with an update. Please provide me with the following information and e-mail back to me at

Brief Complaint Description:

i am in celina, ohio and this my same experience.

AUTHOR: Carol - (U.S.A.)

we have now been placed in our second collections agency with an attorney. They are saying that we failed to response to our overdue bill. That is a lie. They are the ones that do not respond, but with collection calls, letters and generic responses. They will not give us any details of how my bill was arrived at, just a balance due. We did not get enough phone calls to justify that many pay per clicks, in addition we got phone calls leading us to the conclusion that it exaggerated to say the least. In addition we feel that we were advertised wrong on top of that. I complained and was given fake sympathy with no action taken (they claim they will do this or that, but nothing is followed up on) to remedy the situation. At this point we felt this company was not reputable in anyway, and was scamming us. In the mean time the interest is incurring (I think this part of the scam). You would think that this is there gig, that they would want to make SURE there customer are getting a return on thier advertising dollar, so as to protect thier reputation.

Carol