Complaint Review: Idearc Media - Verizon

• Submitted: Tue, April 01, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, April 01, 2008

• Reported By:CLEARWATER Florida
Idearc Media - Verizon
PO Box 619009 DFW Airport, Texas U.S.A.

Idearc Media - Verizon They keep sending me bills for a service I did not contract with them Dallas Fort Worth Airport Texas

I have been getting calls from collection agencies and Idearc claiming that I owe them money for advertising. I had never heard of this company.
Finally, I ask them to fax me any contract that they claim to have with me.
They faxed a contract from 2001 that was valid for 12 months only and that was a contract with Verizon. They claim that since I did not notify them after the 12 months that I was obligated to still pay them, even though the company had changed to Idearc.

I documented everything and sent to the State Attorney's office. The State Attorney's office turned it over to the Office Of Consumer Protection, which is who I have been dealing with since. They contacted Idearc and after numerous phone calls, Idearc told the Consumer Protection office that they had resolved the matter with me. The Consumer Protection office called me to see what the resolution was and I informed them that I had not heard anything, but was still getting calls from the collection agency and bills.

It seems to be going around in circles. I was advised to go to this site and see that many other people were also having the same problem with idearc/Verizon as I am.
This company Idearc and/or Verizon is really "scamming" a lot of people and businesses. I will continue to fight this and I hope everyone else that has had this same problem will join in too.

Joyce
CLEARWATER, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/01/2008 07:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Idearc-Media-Verizon/DFW-Airport-Texas-75261-9009/Idearc-Media-Verizon-They-keep-sending-me-bills-for-a-service-I-did-not-contract-with-th-322782. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Idearc Media - Verizon