Complaint Review: Idearc Media

• Submitted: Wed, July 09, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, July 09, 2009

• Reported By:Luray Virginia
Idearc Media
2200 W. Airfield Dr. DFW Airport, Texas U.S.A.

Idearc Media Customer Service (or lack thereof) and reimbursement refusal on filed claim DFW Airport Texas

*UPDATE Employee: customer service

If you are contacted by Idearc Media for advertising services, just hang up the phone. Don't say goodbye, don't explain yourself, just hang it up. Why? Because you are about to be forcefed a load of false information, lies, and other tactics used to sucker you into a contract.

Does hanging up the phone seem a bit harsh to you? If so, don't seek employment at Idearc Media, either. The first time I filed a claim for an ad that was printed incorrectly, the representative simply hung up the phone. All I got out of the conversation was "It'll be 5-10 days."

I wait 5-10 days. I wait 5-10 weeks. Finally, nearly 4 months later, I call them back to file a complaint about my ad being printed incorrectly, being lied to about a competitor's ad size (Company A is getting the biggest available, so you should get it too so you can compete better! ...Company A has the smallest ad available over a text-only ad.), and being lied to about the time it would take for the claim to be filed.

Nevertheless, I call back to have Mrs. Attitude pick up the phone. I calmly but firmly explain my complaints to her, only to have her raise her voice, interrupt me, and tell me that everything I am trying to file a claim against or complaint for is not grounds for such. If you've ever watched a Seinfeld episode with Rebecca Demorney in it, this woman is a spitting image of her but with an attitude multiplied across a tenfold. On two occasions, she crosses the line to flat-out yelling. I tell her to not "...push the panic button." Rather than hear out my case, she says "Sir, I don't even have to listen to this. I will tell you right now that you have no case and I don't even NEED to call you back. I am mailing you a denial letter now with a copy of the proof YOU SIGNED." (Let me step in here just to make clear that the proof I authorized to be printed with my signature and what is actually printed are two totally different things.)

So, here I am. I am still paying nearly $2,000 per year for an ad that has gotten me ZERO (0) returns and isn't even printed correctly. I found this website by typing "Idearc Media complaint" in Google.

Anonymous
Luray, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/09/2008 10:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Idearc-Media/DFW-Airport-Texas-75261/Idearc-Media-Customer-Service-or-lack-thereof-and-reimbursement-refusal-on-filed-claim-D-349182. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Idearc Media

customer service

AUTHOR: Idearc - (U.S.A.)

We are never pleased when one of our clients is unhappy. Please give me the opportunity to review your issue. I promise someone will get back to you within 48 hours with an update. Please provide me with the following information and e-mail back to me at: customerservice@idearc.com

Your full name and title:
Business Name:
Business Telephone Number:
State in which your Business resides:
Your contact number: