Complaint Review: Idearc Media

• Submitted: Wed, October 01, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, October 07, 2008

• Reported By:Auburn Michigan
Idearc Media
www.idearcmedia.com DFW Airport, Texas U.S.A.

Idearc Media - Verizion Yellow Pages promised three months free, but didn't deliver, then charged us for those three months; Filed a complaint and never heard back DFW Airport Texas

*Consumer Suggestion: Idea that might help for Idearc problems.

I am an owner of a small business with 1 employee. While I was out of town Idearc Media called and told my employee that we would receive 3 months free listing. We did not get the free listing, but instead received a bill for $1,295.64. They also promised that from this listing we would get enough business to cover the cost of this expense. We didn't receive any customers and I want them to stop harassing me about paying this bill. I have reported them to the BBB and turned them into the Attorney Generals of the states of Texas and Michigan. We are now getting phone calls constantly about paying this bill. Has anyone had any luck in getting these people off your back, if so what action did you take?

Alana
Auburn, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/01/2008 07:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Idearc-Media/DFW-Airport-Texas-75261/Idearc-Media-Verizion-Yellow-Pages-promised-three-months-free-but-didnt-deliver-then-377543. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Idearc Media

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Idea that might help for Idearc problems.

AUTHOR: Hillcrest Motel - (U.S.A.)

My situation is somewhat different than yours, but here are a couple of ideas that I have used. First, it is absolutely no use to call this company; in fact, I always tell them in writing that I will NOT call or call back. They have sent my account to three different collection agencies, but my written answer is always the same: "This is not a valid debt, and no payment will be sent." I then request paperwork, with my signature, that might verify that the debt is valid. So far, I have not received any paperwork, but I have saved all paperwork that I sent them, and I am ready if they go to court against me. The Idearc employee who called me recently was actually very nice, but I have not seen any verification yet from her either. I have not complained to BBB or any state agency, but if this has helped someone else, I would like to hear about the help.