Complaint Review: Idearc Media

• Submitted: Sun, November 30, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, June 04, 2009

• Reported By:Jacksonville Texas
Idearc Media
DFW Airport Dallas, Ft.Worth, Texas U.S.A.

Idearc Media Owner Manager Dallas, Ft.Worth Texas

* : Can Idearc Media live to an agreement

*UPDATE Employee: customer service

*Author of original report: Be sure to ask for a copy of the contract.

*Author of original report: It is best to file also with the FTC and State AG office.

In April I got an e-mail that said credit card failure. A months earlier I had been a victim of identity theft so I called the credit card company to find out if it happen again. The credit company said I then asked if there was any problems they said no. Not that they know of. I then called Idearc Media and told them there must be a mistake. The woman on the other end wanted me to give them another credit card. I told her know that would be unwise.

I then told her that I could understand what the problem was and that we could renegotiate my contract she said no all she wanted was another credit card. Again I told her no I could not give them another credit card. Later that month I received my credit card statement on it was a bill to Idearc Media that would not be there if the credit card had failed The next month I got another e-mail it to said credit card failure and again another statement that shows that Idearc Media was paid.

I ignored this one and the next month the same thing another e-mail and another statement that showed that the credit card had not failed. This time I got a call from Idearc Media claiming I was three months behind and late fees I said no way. I had also sent a reply to the third e-mail that I would cancel there service if this did not stop. I asked the man on the other end if he had seen my e-mail. He said I said I am going to cancel your service and hung up.

I called the credit card company and told them to cancel my card. They asked me why? I told them that I had a disagreement with Idearc Media. While there canceling my card a charge comes in from of places Idearc Media on a card that they says is no good. When asked do you want to dispute the charges. I said no, let it ride it might back fire. This on a card that was no good. I then called them back to cancel and instead of me canceling the they cancel me and week later reinstated against my aproval and is still trying to bill me.

Tom
Jacksonville, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/30/2008 07:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Idearc-Media/Dallas-FtWorth-Texas-75766/Idearc-Media-Owner-Manager-Dallas-FtWorth-Texas-396299. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Idearc Media

#1

Can Idearc Media live to an agreement

AUTHOR: Tom - (U.S.A.)

I been asked by McCarthy Burgess and Wolff if I could live up to an agreement. Well I ask the same about Idearc Media. Can they live up to an agreement? This is an agreement that they refused to honor with the BBB.

Complaint ID#: 91085029
Business Name: Idearc Media LLC

There has been a turn of events with our relationship with Idearc Media, Inc. On 8/13/09, the company informed us that they would no longer participate in BBB Binding Arbitration due to the fact that it likely conflicted with their voluntary 3/31/09 Chapter 11 bankruptcy filing. Irrespective of their rationale, they are declining to honor their prior agreement to the Dallas Better Business Bureau to participate in future arbitrations, the normal sequential step in our dispute resolution process. Because of this, we are re-evaluating Idearc Medias Accreditation status with us.

Because we are awaiting further response from Idearc Media, we are not yet prepared to take any further action on your case. However, we do need to inform you that the potential option of offering you arbitration does not appear viable. We will hopefully inform you soon of any options or closure steps we will take in your case.

Sincerely,

Lee Stallings
Vice President & Director
Complaint Resolution Department

customer service

AUTHOR: Idearc - (U.S.A.)

We are never pleased when one of our clients is unhappy. Please give me the opportunity to review your issue. I promise someone will get back to you within 48 hours with an update. Please provide me with the following information and e-mail back to me at
customerservice@idearc.com

Your Full Name and Title:
Business Name:
Business Telephone Number:
State in which you Business resides:
Your Contact Number
Best time to call you:
E-Mail Address:
Brief Complaint Description:

AUTHOR: Tom - (U.S.A.)

I am the owner of this small company in question. When this happen they said that I could not cancel because they had my credit card and that all cancellation must be approved by my sales rep. I never saw a contract. I think when some one try's to cancel they dream up all kinds of excuses to keep from loosing customers. It has not worked and Iearc Media has field for bankruptcy. What a away to run a company?

AUTHOR: Tom - (U.S.A.)

It is best to file also with the FTC and State AG office.

AUTHOR: Tom - (U.S.A.)

I find that filing with the BBB might be a waste of time. You might get better results if you file your complaints with the FTC and State AG office. The only draw back is one complaint is not enough you need numbers to make either the FTC or AG do any thing. So all I can is for every body to file with one or both.

It is best to file also with the FTC and State AG office.