barn

• Submitted: Mon, January 28, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, January 28, 2008

• Reported By:Mount Vernon Ohio
Idearc Media
P.O. Box 610830 Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Idearc Media Charging For Advertising I Didn't Purchase!!! Dallas Texas

I have been in business for 7 years now. I have advertised in the Verizon phone book all of those years. Every year they have called me to get my approval on my advertising. Last year, 2007, Idearc was commisioned to do the job for Verizon. When I called Verizon to check on my advertising, I was told it was too late to change it. I was going to cut it down considerably this year. Idearc automatically charged me for the advertising and is now sending me to a collection agency. I have sent numerous letters to Idearc with no reply. When I call them they state "You agreed to the terms and conditions" that state " We can automatically bill you" for advertising. The customer service people sound like robots that were trained in what to say. When I ask them to mail me something I have signed or to show me when I agreed, they do a song and dance about everyone has terms and conditions. I have never seen any terms or conditions. I did not agree to them! This is just dirty business. Verizon is no longer billing for advertising on their bills because they do not want to clean up the mess that Idearc has caused them. Beware of this company!

Alice
Mount Vernon, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2008 01:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Idearc-Media/Dallas-Texas-75261-0830/Idearc-Media-Charging-For-Advertising-I-Didnt-Purchase-Dallas-Texas-304061. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Idearc Media