Maryland

• Submitted: Thu, August 14, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, July 15, 2009

• Reported By:Seattle Washington
Idearc Media
3131 Katella Ave Los Alamitos, California U.S.A.

Idearc Media False and misleading tactics used to produce a recording that confirms a contract Los Alamitos California

*Consumer Comment: Same Situation

*UPDATE Employee: customer service

I run a very small editing service and would never have consented to a service that would cost me $27.00 per month. So when the bills began arriving from Idearc I smelled a rat. At one point I left a message with the 1-800 number provided, but was never called back. At the time I assumed the matter had been taken care of; unfortunately, the bills continued to show up at regular intervals.

Today I managed to talk to a customer service agent who had me listen to the recorded message in which I supposedly agreed to the contract. There were lots of beeps and the Idearc employee's voice could be heard echoing "my" responses. I believe the recording was skewed to make it sound as though I had agreed to the terms, when in fact I did not. In reality, I said I did not want to go through with it since it would be $27.00 per month.

It is as easy to tamper with a tape recording as it is with an image -- perhaps easier. I do not believe, therefore, that the recording would hold up in a court of law, particularly since this company has already lost a similar lawsuit.

Ms. Austin
Seattle, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2008 11:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Idearc-Media/Los-Alamitos-California-90720/Idearc-Media-False-and-misleading-tactics-used-to-produce-a-recording-that-confirms-a-cont-362871. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Idearc Media

Same Situation

AUTHOR: Scott - (U.S.A.)

Idearc did the same exact thing to my wife who works in our office. They said no charge and free then began to bill us. When we complained they played a recording for my wife that sounded like it was doctored up. She would never have agreed to the large monthly charges they have billed. We called and wrote a certified letter, but they turned us over to a collection company for over $700 These folks are real crooks.

customer service

AUTHOR: Idearc - (U.S.A.)

We are never pleased when one of our clients is unhappy. Please give me the opportunity to review your issue. I promise someone will get back to you within 48 hours with an update. Please provide me with the following information and e-mail back to me at
customerservice@idearc.com

Your Full Name and Title:
Business Name:
Business Telephone Number:
State in which you Business resides:
Your Contact Number