Complaint Review: Idearc Media

• Submitted: Fri, March 14, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, March 14, 2008

• Reported By:Maryville Tennessee
Idearc Media
www.idearcmedia.com , Texas U.S.A.

Idearc Media - Verizon Yellow Pages Milked a 13th month on a 12 month contract DFW Airport Texas

I've been using yellow page advertising for seven years and have always paid 12-months for a one-year contract...that is until now. Idearc has found a creative way to milk an extra month out of unsuspecting advertisers.

I just received a bill for my "13th Installment" for my one year contract. When I contacted customer service (and I use that term loosely), I was told that Idearc had opted to extend the book. I was assured that it was in the contract I signed and I'm sure it was. But my point to the less-than-helpful man on the phone was that the sales represetative did not tell me that it was possible for me to have to pay 13 months instead of 12. I think that's noteworthy when selling someone something.

When my 12 month contract with my cable/internet/phone company reached the 13-month you can bet I didn't get the option to extend that $99 deal I had.

When I asked to talk to his supervisor I was told that they "did not escalate calls." When I insisted, I was told that if I asked to have my call escalated again he would "end the call." I did and he did. He hung up on me.

The moral of this story is to always read the fine print in any contract. While I will probably pay this, it will be the last time I deal with Idearc Media.

Jerry37917
Maryville, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/14/2008 07:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Idearc-Media/Texas-75261/Idearc-Media-Verizon-Yellow-Pages-Milked-a-13th-month-on-a-12-month-contract-DFW-Airport-317832. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Idearc Media