Virgin

• Submitted: Sat, January 03, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, June 09, 2009

• Reported By:Roslyn New York
Idearc Media
P.O. Box 619009 Nationwide U.S.A.

Idearc Media Corp. The Official Publisher Of Verizon Print Directories Fraudulent billing Dallas Internet

*UPDATE Employee: customer service

My company also received a bill last year and again today from this company, for pay per click advertising, but for only $20. I have not requested, nor received, any pay per click advertising.

The logo on the bill shows "Idearc Media Corp. The Official Publisher of Verizon Print Directories". It also states that the top "Billing for Verizon Yellow Pages Directories, Superpages.com and Solutions products."

Last year, I contacted Idearc Media Corp. and they sent me an e-mail stating that the billing was an error and credited my account. This year, the bill shows a previous balance of $0.00, so apparently they did credit my account.

The problem is that I received another bill and again will have to spend time to correct the situation. I'm sure that they will correct the situation without any problems, but in the future, I will no longer spent the time to correct the situation.

By the way, I do not have to prove that I did not request the service. They have to prove that I did. Additionally, they would also have to prove that I received the advertising, which they would not be able to prove. Fortunately for me, I am an experienced litigation attorney. If I have to spend time litigating a $20 bill, I will be looking for substantial damages. I suspect that they sent out a lot of bills for $20 and most companies will either pay the bill without realizing that it was not due or will not want to bother to spend the time to dispute a bill for $20.

Phil
Roslyn, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2009 12:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Idearc-Media/nationwide/Idearc-Media-Corp-The-Official-Publisher-Of-Verizon-Print-Directories-Fraudulent-billing-407571. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Idearc Media

customer service

AUTHOR: Idearc - (U.S.A.)

We are never pleased when one of our clients is unhappy. Please give me the opportunity to review your issue. I promise someone will get back to you within 48 hours with an update. Please provide me with the following information and e-mail back to me at
customerservice@idearc.com

Your Full Name and Title:
Business Name:
Business Telephone Number:
State in which you Business resides:
Your Contact Number