Socialist

• Updated: Wed, February 27, 2008

• Reported By:Monterey California
Idearc Media
superpages.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Idearc Media, Superpages 3rd Party Sales Rep I was duped by Idearc Media into a 1-yr contract Internet Nationwide

I was duped into a 1-yr contract with Idearc media (in my case a Superpages.com 3rd party rep called me). I was brand new to the small business arena and thought I'd have the option to cancel after the 1st month if I wasn't getting any business from the listing. So I called back the next month to find out that I was in an annual contract-- and only a voice recording as proof. Now I have an upwards of $800 bill hanging over my head, no way to pay for it and have talked to everyone-- Idearc Customer Service, Superpages customer service, the Idearc 3rd part rep. And the only thing they can tell me is they will send me the voice recording in an email and if sounds like I might have been mislead, they will escalate it further. If not, well, then I am responsible for the bill. And the bill collectors are calling incessantly. I have not (to my knowledge) had one customer that has said they used Superpages or Yellowpages to find me.

I'll let everyone know what happens.... Do NOT advertise with this company! I am part of a Yahoo group of other professionals and I will tell them the same!

Swan
Monterey, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/27/2008 03:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Idearc-Media/nationwide/Idearc-Media-Superpages-3rd-Party-Sales-Rep-I-was-duped-by-Idearc-Media-into-a-1-yr-contr-312646. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Idearc Media