Complaint Review: Identity Guard

Chantilly, VA 20153-2455 Internet United States of America

Identity Guard Fraud / Inaccurate Information and advice Internet

*Consumer Comment: I had a great experience

*Consumer Comment: Identity Guard Customer

Identity Guard is extremely inaccurate and then gives you advice based on that same inaccurate information.

In checking my credit scores they had me in the mid 700's and in their "simulator" they give you different scenarios (ie: taking out a loan or CC) will do for your score.

They added comments in my report like "you are sure to receive the best offers from creditors".

Their credit simulator said if I open a credit card account my credit would soar in to the high 700's.

I applied for the credit card and got rejected?? I subsequently learned my credit scores were roughly 100 points lower than Identity Guard reported them and I suffered a lowered score as a result of the rejection on the credit card they recommended I open!

Stay away from this sham of a company. They will lower your score, not improve it. They did it to me.

The frosting on the cake here is that they ignored my request to cancel and banged my card for 2 months before I could stop them.

Identity Guard? HA!! Identity Fraud is far more accurate is a far more fitting description.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/22/2012 12:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Identity-Guard/internet/Identity-Guard-Fraud-Inaccurate-Information-and-advice-Internet-930997. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Identity Guard

I had a great experience

AUTHOR: bcooper - ()

I've had Identity Guard for about a year and it came free with my cable. I've availed myself of all of their services and have no complaints. I am not sure what the original poster was talking about. Identity Guard has been nothing but accurate and helpful to me in rebuilding my credit. I admit my credit was pretty bad and I worked with Identity Guard to no only safeguard what credit I had left, but also begin repairing it and increasing my credit score. Maybe the poster just had a bad experience, but it sounds to be like sour grapes.

Identity Guard Customer

AUTHOR: JPSH - (United States of America)

I have been using Identity Gurad services for some time now.  This customer clearly does not understand the services he is recieving.  There are some excellent rebuttals in the following posts which explain how the scores work and the services these types of companies provide.  I have been saved by this company when I received notices about updates to my credit reports which showed someone was attempting to steal my identity.

I think sites like Ripoff Report can be useful, but they can also do needless damage to companies because of people who are prone to knee jerk reactions.  I think the company in question is great.