Complaint Review: Identity Protection Plus

• Updated: Fri, March 22, 2013

• Reported By: GrannieAnnieTA — tucson Arizona
Identity Protection Plus
identityease.com Internet United States of America

Identity Protection Plus Third Party Telemarketer sold product unbeknownst to me and company will not assume responsibility Internet,

Was interested in coupons asI have just recently retired.   I do not remember the name of the coupon company I contacted but it was not Groupon.  They told me I would be not be changed for one month while I tried their service.  If I did not like the sevice, I could cancel before the month and there would be no charge.  I checked out the service and realized it would probably save me less than a dollar a month, so I cancelled it.   The following month, I got a charge for magazines on my creditt card.  I called the number that was on the charge (on my credit card statement) and told them I did not order this and I do not want it.  They told me they would cancel the order.  The following month, the charge showed up on my credit card statement again, so I called the number again.  This time, the company was an indentity protection plan.  I explained to them that I was told the charge had been cancelled.  They told me that some other charge had been cancelled, but it was not their charge.  I asked them to cancel it.  They said they could not verify who I was.  We had some nasty words going back and forth about that remark.  To make a long story shorter - the company said they would cancel the exorbitant charges for a fee which turned out to be roughly 25% of what they were going to charge me.  Plus, I would still get the full plan for 5 years!!  I was told they would send me an email with the information.   What I find really odd about this whole thing (other than the fact that they got my name and charged it to me) was that, after closing the account and paying the fee, the yearly charge works out to about what one would normally pay for identity protection.  And, of course, after cancelling, they will continue to cover me for a 5 year period.   They obviously got my name and information from the original coupon place, which was a third party telemarketer.   The name of the company is Identity Protection Plus.  I got an URL from them (www.identityease.com) which is only a logon screen for which I am still awaiting the email from them on how to log on (it has been three months now).  They are using deceptive practices to sell their product.  I suggested to the people I spoke with that they should bring this up with their management team if they hope to get a good reputation.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2013 12:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Identity-Protection-Plus/internet/Identity-Protection-Plus-Third-Party-Telemarketer-sold-product-unbeknownst-to-me-and-comp-1037079. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Identity Protection Plus