Complaint Review: Identity Protection Plus

• Reported By: NMRPD — T. or C. New Mexico
Identity Protection Plus
Internet USA

Identity Protection Plus would not credit after canceled unknown Internet

I received a call indicating that I had entered for a drawing  for money on the internet (which I thought was publishers clearing house) and they needed to verify my information, name, address etc.  I confirmed the informaton they had as correct I was then informed that I would receive vouchers for $100.00 if I would let them send me items to look at for discounts on products and services which I could look over and cancel if I did not want them within 30 days after I received them.  But I could keep the gas vouchers.  This was to cost me $1.00 for postage and handlng.  I agreed and gave them a card number to charge the $1.00 to.

Then the person on the phone informed me that he was new and that he needed to transfer me to his supervisor so that he could verify that he had obtained the correct information.

The "supervisor" got on the line and at first it seemed to be ligitamate that he was just verifing information.  Shortly however I found myself being asked if it was OK bo bill my card for 5 monthly payment of $83.25 each for 1 year of Identity Theft Protection.  His smooth way of getting me to say ok completely caught me off gaurd.  Before I ended the call I specificly asked "I can cancel at any time, corredt?" and was answered"Yes, you may cancel at anytime".

The next day I called and canceled with very strong objection from the person on the line with me.  She kept telling me that the company was going to loose alot of money if I canceled.  I informed her that I did not want the service for even one day and that I did not want any money charged to my card.  Finally she relented and gave me a cancelation number.

I kept a close watch on the account I had given them and sure enough 3 days later there was a charge for the $83.25.  I called the company back and wouldn't you know it by chance I got the same person on the phone that had almost refused to cancel the service.  I told her that I had called and canceled and that I had told her at that time not to charge my card.  She insisted that I would get the service that I had paid for.  I told her that I did not want the service I wanted my money back and that I did not appriciate the "high pressure tactics of the company".

She said that she had credited the money back to my card.  However it has been 3 days and there has been no credit made to the card.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/28/2014 03:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Identity-Protection-Plus/internet/Identity-Protection-Plus-would-not-credit-after-canceled-unknown-Internet-1142432. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Identity Protection Plus