stuck

• Submitted: Fri, December 28, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, December 28, 2007

• Reported By:mesa Arizona
Identity Theft Protection Plan And Identity Theft Support
5025 N. Central Ave., Ste 630 Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

Identity Theft Protection Plan And Identity Theft Support Unsolicited debit from account via ACH for 31.98 for a service I DID NOT ORDER! Refuse to credit Phoenix-National Internet Company Arizona-National Internet Company

I got a rude awakening when I checked my account and saw a pending ACH hold from "www.idprosup.com" for 31.98. I did not order this. I looked the company up online and got a telephone number of 1-866-883-4987.

I called the number and after listening to a 5 minute advertising spill was placed on hold for 21 minutes. Someone answered and I explained the situation. He advised that this service would be cancelled and I asked how he could cancel something that I never ordered in the first place. He said that another site that I had gone to had redirected me to that site and by me clicking submit I accepted this identity theft insurance for a monthly ACH debit of 31.98 per month! I explained that I did not and that this answer was unacceptable, asked for his name and he identified "Jeff Rolands, agent 2015" which is probably false and requested a supervisor. I was then placed on hold.

After holding for 96 MINUTES I used another telephone to call into the number again. After the advertisement spill and another wait of 18 minutes, I spoke with someone who identified herself as "murel, agent 11088" and explained how I was still on hold on another line, so how could they be free to take another incoming call. I immediately asked for a supervisor and she said I would have to hold for 15 or 20 minutes because the supervisor was talking.

I asked, which line will she pick up first since I have now been on hold on the other line for 128 MINUTES and she said she didn't know. I asked for her name, id number, company name, mailing address and department head's name and she provided: Identity Theft Support, 5025 N. Central Ave., Phx, AZ 85012 with the same telephone number that has had me hold for 2 hours and a department head's name of "Jay Commerce".

So, I kept both phones on. After 23 MINUTES, someone came to the phone who identified herself as "Adrianne Matthews, supervisor". I explained to her everything that had happened and asked if my initial call is still holding as we speak, how could she take the second call which came in an hour and a half later and she never addressed the question.

After going around with her, she told me, bottom line is that charge is irrevocable, but they have cancelled the service. I called my financial institution and explained and was advised that I had to wait until the charge had actually posted from the pending status and then could start the fraud process. What a nightmare.

Allie
mesa, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2007 11:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Identity-Theft-Protection-Plan-And-Identity-Theft-Support/Phoenix-Arizona-85012/Identity-Theft-Protection-Plan-And-Identity-Theft-Support-Unsolicited-debit-from-account-v-295180. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Identity Theft Protection Plan And Identity Theft Support