Complaint Review: Ifriends - Wpi*ifriends

• Submitted: Sat, June 05, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, June 23, 2010

• Reported By: Gary — Colorado USA
Ifriends - Wpi*ifriends

Ifriends - Wpi*ifriends They seem to be 'padding' the actual time of online visits. Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Reply from iFriends

Staring about March of 2010 I noticed that the billing for my iFriends use seemed to be more than for what I had 'bought.'  So I have started using an electronic stopwatch to make sure the time in the chathost's room was accurate.  At least 90% of the time the time is being 'padded.'  For example, my most recent visit was for 5 minutes and 35 seconds.  Rounding up to 6 minutes times the $3.00 per minute charges and you get $18.00.  I was billed for $26.81.

Since I am a VIP member I have access to a non-published toll-free number for customer service.  In ifriends favor they have always corrected the overcharges without any hassle whatsoever.  But when you multiply these padded minutes times thousands and thousands of customers daily, you're talking some seriously large amounts of money that the company in NOT entitled to.  I'm glad they will refund the overcharges, but frankly I am tired of having to call them and do this nearly every time.

I don't know why management is taking chances like this.  Their reputation is on the line, not to mention any potential class action lawsuits or investigations by Attorney General's offices.  So, if you use their services, I'd suggest you start timing just to make sure they are not getting more of your money than they are entitled to.

Thanks.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/05/2010 04:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ifriends-Wpiifriends/internet/Ifriends-Wpiifriends-They-seem-to-be-padding-the-actual-time-of-online-visits-Inte-610735. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ifriends - Wpi*ifriends

Reply from iFriends

AUTHOR: Sarah - (U.S.A.)

Unfortunately, we were unable to locate Garys account, so we cannot look into the specifics of his complaints.

All fees for premium areas of our services are clearly stated upfront. Under our Terms of Services, per-minute prices are tabulated by the minute and may be rounded up or down to the whole minute. If users choose to enter pay-per-view areas, they are charged strictly in accordance with those agreed-to terms of service.

As with any complex online system, from time to time processing or coding glitches occur which result in erroneous charges. We correct these issues as soon as we become aware of them. In the rare instance that there is such a problem, it is often our customers who alert us to the concern which we greatly appreciate!

Gary indicates that whenever he has contacted our Customer Care department, refunds have been promptly processed. We honor all customer requests for refunds because we strongly believe that complete customer satisfaction is the only acceptable way to do business. Repeat customers are our principal source of business. If Gary has any other concerns, we encourage him to contact our Customer Care department and ask to speak to a supervisor.