Complaint Review: Ifriends - Wpi*ifriends

• Submitted: Mon, December 14, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, December 17, 2009

• Reported By: dantheman2310 — Missouri United States of America
Ifriends - Wpi*ifriends

Ifriends - Wpi*ifriends Unsolisited charges for a so-called "free" service Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Reply from iFriends

I signed up for Ifriends on their "Free" registration last night, and I was told they needed a card number to verify my age. I made my account, chose all "free" sign up deals, and made my username dantheman2310.

Last night I noticed they charged me a dollar out of my bank account. I was immediately unhappy with this. I woke up this morning to see they had charged me a little over 22 dollars overnight for no apparent reason.

I immediately cancelled my account with them this morning, filled out their little customer complaint card, and I'm considering getting my debit card information changed because I can't afford to even lose 5 dollars let alone 20!

Don't be taken by these scumbags, nothing in the world is "free" apparently.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2009 10:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ifriends-Wpiifriends/internet/Ifriends-Wpiifriends-Unsolisited-charges-for-a-so-called-free-service-Internet-539045. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ifriends - Wpi*ifriends

Reply from iFriends

AUTHOR: Sarah - (U.S.A.)

We have not been able to locate Danthemans account.  We encourage him to call us immediately so that we can resolve any outstanding issues.  We will be happy to refund the charges and provide whatever assistance we can.  Our Customer Care center can be reached by calling 1-800-243-9726, a toll-free call.

The dollar charge that Dan references is clearly disclosed to customers before an account is created.  This charge is fully refundable upon request, and is always applied as a credit to any other charges the customer incurs.

The only reason that a customer will see charges from us is if that customer participates in premium areas of our service, or chooses to upgrade to a premium membership.  Information about charges is provided in advance, and a customer must affirmatively choose to participate in premium areas.

We look forward to hearing from Dan so that we can resolve the issue.