Complaint Review: Ifriends - Wpi*ifriends

• Reported By: Gene — Oil City Pennsylvania United States of America
Ifriends - Wpi*ifriends

Ifriends - Wpi*ifriends bank card charges that cannot be discontinued, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Reply from iFriends

This company charges my checking account via my bank card

This company will not allow me to discontinue my account through my bank card.  I used the bank's stop-pay and payed a $32 fee to stop payment to this firm.  The next month the charges were back on my account.

The company has reformatted their website so access is impossible for me to discontinue my account through them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/05/2009 04:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ifriends-Wpiifriends/internet/Ifriends-Wpiifriends-bank-card-charges-that-cannot-be-discontinued-Internet-534470. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ifriends - Wpi*ifriends

Reply from iFriends

AUTHOR: Sarah - (U.S.A.)

We found Genes account and have cancelled it.  We have also issued refunds for the charges in question.

Unfortunately, although Gene contacted his bank about the charges, he never contacted us to let us know that he had any issues or concerns about his membership, or that he wanted to cancel it.  We provide a cancellation link on every page of our service, along with information on the different ways to contact us.  Had Gene contacted us directly, either by using our online help tool, by emailing us, or by calling the toll-free number provided on each of his monthly statements, we would have been happy to cancel the account and refund the charges, as we have now done.

If Gene has any further questions, we encourage him to contact our Customer Care department by calling 1-800-243-9726.  We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.