• Report: #196463

• Reported By:Columbus Ohio
Igia - Milinex - Singer Storm
Internet U.S.A.

Igia - Milinex - Singer Storm RipoffSwept My Money Away Internet

I ordered the infamous Singer Storm/Wind Vac (and whatever else the name has been changed to) in October. 3 easy payments! Plus three free filters. To this date 6/14/06 I have not received the vacuum. I called them countless times. Finally 3 months ago, I got a live person. She assured me my refund would be back on my credit card in 21 days. 10 days later I received a notice from a collection agency!! Igia/Milinex put me in collections for $17 for the filters!! When I explained this to the agency, they laughed. Said this wasn't the first time they heard the story.

I have sent e-mails to customer service every day for 2 months. I receive the canned response "a customer service rep will respond as soon as possible". I did receive a response that said my refund was in process. That was 6/1/06.

Today I started calling Milinex's customer service number at 3:30. I continuously hit redial as I was getting a busy signal. I did this until 5:00 p.m. (that's the time their office closes). I also used my cell phone and called the 800 number for ordering just to try and get "someone" on the line. After 12 attempts, I got the same recording: "due to overwhelming response..." "to get a faster response, send an e-mail" (which I have done every day for the last 2 months only to get a canned response) then I got disconnected.

I discovered through the Attorney General's office in California that they are putting together complaints against the company. I am to send them the info. If I have not received my refund by 6/16 (15 days after I received the e-mail stating my refund was in process), I am sending the info to the Attorney General.

While my refund is only $67.00, and from what I am reading most folks are scammed for hundreds of dollars, this company must be stopped!!!

Ruth
Columbus, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/14/2006 07:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Igia-Milinex-Singer-Storm/internet/Igia-Milinex-Singer-Storm-RipoffSwept-My-Money-Away-Internet-196463. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Igia - Milinex - Singer Storm