Complaint Review: Ignite / Stream Energy

• Submitted: Tue, April 14, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, April 14, 2009

• Reported By:Temple Texas
Ignite / Stream Energy
1950 N Stemmons Freeway, # 3061 Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Ignite / Stream Energy They are trying to make me pay a cancellation fee for my account that expired, and are threatening my credit status if I refuse. Dallas Texas

In November of 2008, I began receiving emails advising that my contract with Stream Energy would soon be expiring. I received at least 2 a month stating that my contract was due to expire on February 11, 2009. I made the decision to switch back to TXU Electric when my contract expired, as I was no longer satisfied with the customer service or constant rise in my monthly electric bills.

I contacted TXU around the end of January 2009 to have my service switched as soon as my Stream Energy contract expired. I received notification from TXU that they would take over the service and care of my electricity as soon as the old contract expired. On February 11, 2009, an Oncor representitive read my meter and turned the reading into TXU who then took over my service.

NOW, Stream energy is insisting that I owe them a $250.00 cancellation fee for "supposedly" cancelling early. This is not true as it doesn't matter what time the meter was read and switched to TXU, just that it was done on the day that my old contract expired with Stream Energy.

Lisa Wentz, an upline director with Ignite Inc. / Stream Energy, told my associate David Gunn, that there was no possible way that I am responsible for their "cancellation fee", as the contract expired on the date that TXU took over service.

Temple, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/14/2009 02:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ignite-Stream-Energy/Dallas-Texas-76207/Ignite-Stream-Energy-They-are-trying-to-make-me-pay-a-cancellation-fee-for-my-account-th-443515. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ignite / Stream Energy