Complaint Review: Ihire LLC

• Submitted: Mon, March 30, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, August 17, 2012

• Reported By:Braintree Massachusetts
Ihire LLC
329 S 290 W Angola, Indiana U.S.A.
  • Phone: 866-238-0161
  • Web:
  • Category: Teachers

Ihire LLC free-trial trap Angola Indiana

*Consumer Comment: READ

*Consumer Comment: They are scammers!

*UPDATE Employee: Response

*UPDATE Employee: Response

On December 2008 I sign up for free-trial account with the IHire LLC. I provided the credit card for the identification purpose. The agreement also stated that if I do not cancel during free trial I will enter 3 month membership program. I decided to have the 3-month membership and paid the amount of $75.00 on December 12 2008. The agreement clearly stated that the membership is for 3 month only. However, on April 12 my credit card was charged again for the amount of $75.00 wihout my authorization and no notification from the iHIRE LLC.

I called the service and explained them that they made illegal transaction. However, the service representative Angel Lawtence send me the license agreement that clearly shows that I am correct "A credit card is required to validate your free trial. Your credit card won't be charged during this time. To cancel your free trial you must call 866-238-0161 within the 7 calendar day trial period during normal business hours (Monday - Friday 8:30 - 5:30 EST) and have the cancelation logged by a customer service representative. If you decide not to cancel, your premium membership will continue at your selected subscription rate. "since I full filled the free-trial agreement and payed the membership fee.

Another disappointing aspect is that this information is not available on line, and I had to contact the customer service to get that agreement sent to me by e-mail. It is clear that all the iHire is doing is trying to trap the first-time members. However, trying to scam the money by unauthorized autocharge from existing members is overkill.

Yuxiu
Braintree, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/30/2009 11:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ihire-LLC/Angola-Indiana-46703/Ihire-LLC-free-trial-trap-Angola-Indiana-439122. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ihire LLC

READ

AUTHOR: JPL - (United States of America)

The only way that iHire can charge you is if YOU enter your debit or credit card information.  They don't just pull it out of the air or grab your name out of a hat.  The terms and conditions state that if you cancel with the 7 day trial period you will never be charged for the service.  However, if you want to keep the service, do nothing and your subscription will continue as long as you like.  You people never read. You just click, click, click... and customer service gets sick of hearing about it.

They are scammers!

AUTHOR: Romae2012 - (USA)

Here's my report. I saw what they're doing. They're taking free job ads and posting on their website, then charging people for access. I even have screenshots.

Response

AUTHOR: iHire - (USA)

We have guidelines in place at iHire, LLC that if someone's premium subscription renews and they didn't want the renewal we will issue them a refund for the charge as long as they didn't use the service during after the subscription renewed.  We feel that it is our job to help people get back on their feet not to make their lives harder.  Feel free to contact me directly so I can take a look at your account.  We do try to make it clear that all subscriptions are auto-renewals.  I have copied our confirmation email that is automatically sent to individuals that enroll into our premium membership.

Jason

877-798-4854 x219

Thank you for trying our premium candidate membership on iHire. You now have access to all of our premium candidate services free of charge during your trial period. If iHire works for you, do nothing, and your membership will continue at a flat quarterly rate of $75 for as long as you like. To cancel your free trial you must call 866-238-0161 within the 7 calendar day trial period during normal business hours (Monday - Friday 8:30 - 5:30 EST) and have the cancellation logged by a customer service representative. Regardless of when you cancel, the first 7 calendar days are free.

Response