Complaint Review: Ikea Hicksville NY

• Updated: Mon, March 05, 2012

• Reported By: Jeast — Hicksville New York United States of America
Ikea Hicksville NY
1100 Broadway Mall Hicksville, New York United States of America

Ikea Hicksville NY Ikea charges 25% cancellation of counter top even though it was never produced Hicksville, New York

I picked up some cabinets to make a kitchen island and paid for a counter top that Ikea would have to send someone to my house to measure and then manufacture and install.  I decided to buy the granite top from another store. since nothing was done so far by ikea other then charging my card, I though it would be an easy cancellation. No services rendered or items recieved. When I went to Ikea to get a refund they told me there would be a 25% cancellation fee, that amounted to $449.50. I understand a fee if measurements have been made or if they sent someone to my house but nothing was done by them other then the charge to my card. I explained this to the manager and was told they had to pay their employ that worked the register and took my order. So basically I am paying $450 for 5 minutes of work by someone they pay minimum wage to. And during that 5 minutes he also rang up my $1000 for the two cabinets I did keep.

This cancellation charge for services they never did is a scam. They are making money for nothing. Stay away from their kitchen matterials. you can find better and cheaper and not have to waste a week putting them together from flat boxes.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2012 08:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ikea-Hicksville-NY/Hicksville-New-York-11801/Ikea-Hicksville-NY-Ikea-charges-25-cancellation-of-counter-top-even-though-it-was-never-848774. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ikea Hicksville NY