Complaint Review: Ikea

• Updated: Sat, August 31, 2013

• Reported By: MassiveShopper — Santa Monica California
Ikea
, Select State/Province USA

Ikea Ripoff - Customer Service Liars!

Ordered two wood file cabinets.  They came in 4 massive and heavy boxes.   Upon opening, both file cabinets were damaaged.   I called customer service, after a 30 minute wait to speak to someone they told me they would pick up the items and give me a full refund once they receive the items back.

They told me that there scheduling deptartment would call me within 48 hours.   It never happened.  I called back, after being on hold for an hour - they told me the trucking company would call me within 48 hours.  It never happened.  After 10 more phone calls to Ikea, totalling over 4 hours in wait time - I still cannot get the pickup scheduled.  The issue of course is they will not give me a refund until they receive the merchandise back - but they refuse to pick it up!   Horrible company, do not buy anything online as you have no recourse.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/31/2013 09:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ikea/Select-StateProvince/Ikea-Ripoff-Customer-Service-Liars-1080718. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ikea